PDA

View Full Version : just got another new toy

iiviasterp
03-15-2003, 10:37 PM
my manager at work races CRX's in SCCA and he purchased another car a few months ago......he now has four cars in his stable and felt he didnt need that many....he also rents the cars out and last year a client put one into a tire barrier and banged the body up alittle....no frame damage. well he decided that he didnt want the car anymore and me and my roommate were talkin to him and just bullshitin and told him that wed take it off his hands.....well he offerd to sell it to us for 600 bucks.....mind you the car has a $2000 race motor, LSD trans....full rollcage and race suspension, and just some body damage, and its street legal:eek: cause it still has all wiring for lights and a title......so we talked it over for oh id say about 2 seconds and said hell yea......so we now own a fully prep'd SCCA CRX race car that is street legal..... he also told us he will give us some rims and some decent slicks when we want to try and race it....probly at a SOLO II or something of that nature......we are both so pumped we couldnt believe what kinda steal we just got.....gotta love havin friends with toys they dont want!!!!

ACCORD EX
03-15-2003, 10:45 PM
so why is he selling it for cheap ! i bet he ain't stupid !

MIKE

iiviasterp
03-15-2003, 10:50 PM
hes not stupid....just wants it off his hands....and because he spends money like its nothing....and he has always wanted me to get started in the whole SCCA thing.....ive gone to many races with him and have talked with him alot about tryin to start racing.....and this is a way that he can help me and my roommate out, he is really into the whole SCCA thing, and he wants to help us out, so he was willing to practically give us the car...
go to hondaronracing.com, thats his website if you wanna see what im gettin....car exactly like that.......its a GT4 car.....he no longer runs ITC and the car he just bought is a tube frame GT5 car.....