PDA

View Full Version : put my springs in

kevin b
03-15-2003, 11:12 PM
just put those springs and struts on my car today that I bought off of ebay. lowered the car great,nowhere near as low as they advertise though. I was expecting to be able to lower it up to 4 inches and I went as low as they would let me and only got 2.5 inches.
the front struts are shorter than stock, like they were made for a low ride, but the back struts are the same height as stock. The only way I could get the back low enough was by taking the coilover out and just using the spring. made the whole car even as hell though.
found out that all 4 struts I had on my car were blown, and that my back springs were sagging about .5 to 1 inch. the new ride handles waaaaaay better, but while just driving 35-45 down the road it's a little bouncy.
can't say wheather it was worth it or not, but then again I only drove the car for about 20 min. wish I had a digital camera so I could post pictures, but my buddy took regular pic's and he has a scanner so I'll get pic's up as soon as I have them.:smokin:

88 Accord DX
03-15-2003, 11:18 PM
how much was it for everything????

kevin b
03-15-2003, 11:30 PM
after shipping it came to 284.95

Mike's89AccordLX
03-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Are those the ST coilovers? I wanted to get something for my car and those seem to be pretty cheap (price wise) My rides kinda bouncy the way it is (i'm sure the suspension is shot) so pretty much anything would be an upgrade.

Jims 86LXI HB
03-16-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Are those the ST coilovers? I wanted to get something for my car and those seem to be pretty cheap (price wise) My rides kinda bouncy the way it is (i'm sure the suspension is shot) so pretty much anything would be an upgrade.

Ok ok, I'll tell ya right now, you and your car deserve allot better than that kind of thinking. When you get a lowered 3g's suspension right, it is a hell of a nice car. Hey, I LOVED driving my car, it was that nice. Now if I had never fixed the weak strut problem, I could NEVER say that.

Jims 86LXI HB
03-16-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by kevin b
just put those springs and struts on my car today that I bought off of ebay. lowered the car great,nowhere near as low as they advertise though. I was expecting to be able to lower it up to 4 inches and I went as low as they would let me and only got 2.5 inches.
the front struts are shorter than stock, like they were made for a low ride, but the back struts are the same height as stock. The only way I could get the back low enough was by taking the coilover out and just using the spring. made the whole car even as hell though.
found out that all 4 struts I had on my car were blown, and that my back springs were sagging about .5 to 1 inch. the new ride handles waaaaaay better, but while just driving 35-45 down the road it's a little bouncy.
can't say wheather it was worth it or not, but then again I only drove the car for about 20 min.

Wow, one of the most honest review's I have ever seen here.
No honestly, I think people don't honestly know that the bounce you talk about should never happen or be accepted, why people ignor, overlook or don't admite to that bounce, I do not know. Thank you for resisting the temptation glorify them and to tell it like it really is. I'd like to see what you have to say after about 30 day on them.

kevin b
03-16-2003, 02:32 AM
thanks jim, I appriciate the comment. I'll make sure to let you guys know after 30 days or there about.
and mike's89accordlx, yeah they are the ST shocks and coilovers

Mike's89AccordLX
03-16-2003, 02:42 AM
Hmm... I wonder if you can retract a bid? I bid on some ST coilovers. But I read like 4 different threads and I don't think I want them. Especially when I will be spending a lot of money getting the car ready for the meet in canada this june.

Jims 86LXI HB
03-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Hmm... I wonder if you can retract a bid? I bid on some ST coilovers. But I read like 4 different threads and I don't think I want them. Especially when I will be spending a lot of money getting the car ready for the meet in canada this june.

Yes you sure can, I've done it before. It's really no big deal, don't procrastinate9(ms) t if ya know what I mean.

88 Accord DX
03-16-2003, 12:46 PM
you can retract but i think it has to be a couple of days before the auction ends. what people would do is bid outragously high (like $1000 for a piece of gum) so that no one else would bid, then 30 sec before the auction is ending, retract the bid and bid a low price. pretty smart.