PDA

View Full Version : Changing Sway Bar Bushings????

AccordLXI89
05-29-2002, 06:13 AM
i have to change my front stabilizer arm bushings friday i was wandering what i'm about to get myself into if anybody has had to do this could you let me know about how hard this is to do

88WhiteLX-i
05-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Mine need to be replaced as well, I was just thinking to have my mechanic do it, he'd prob only charge me like 5 bucks. but I still wanna know where I need to get the parts and what's involved... Thanks guys :pimp:

AccordLXI89
05-29-2002, 10:16 AM
The only place i could even find those bushings was at the honda shop they ran about $45 for all the bushings and bolts for both sides try and check out your local honda dealer for those parts

Jims 86LXI HB
05-29-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by AccordLXI89
The only place i could even find those bushings was at the honda shop they ran about $45 for all the bushings and bolts for both sides try and check out your local honda dealer for those parts

Honda does have reasonable prices on these parts. Even though moog and borg-warner both make aftermarket bushings, whenever I've seen them listed I was never sure I was looking at the correct parts. So for me the idea of spending a few more dollars at the dealer is worth it in this case.

Curious, why wasn't this posted in the suspension section?
It needs to be moved their please.

YK86
05-29-2002, 03:21 PM
If you are talking about the stabilizer link bushings ($2 a piece from Honda, four on each side), those are REALLY easy to change. I've never changed the main stalilizer bushings so I can't help you on that.

shepherd79
05-29-2002, 06:19 PM
if you mean front sway bar i have polyurathane ones, and the back ones have just factory rubber( i am still working on putting polyurathane ones on the back). Both of my sway bars came from LXI model.
here is what i had to do to get the front wraped in polyurathane.
i went to pepboys and got "addco high performance end link kit". the number is 013 for this bushings. I used the bolt that came with it.
for the other ones i went to autozone and got some yellow polyurathane ones, they are greaseable. i had to check the diameter if the bar and the inside diameter. the stock brakets won't fit over the new bushings, so you have to use the braket that came with bushings. but they won't fit too, so you will have to modify them. if you have cut off tool and aircompresor it takes like few minutes, or you can use the saw and it would take you forever. well, after you cut each side half way you should be able to putt them on.
i had them for about a three weeks and they are great.
i want to wrap the back ones too but i can't find the right bushings.
well, that is it.

PS: you can stick with just a OEM ones and still have the car lean in every corner.

89accordlxi
05-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Have you guys checked nopi.com. They have a poly bushing kit for like $8. Check it out and see if those are what you are looking for. It looks like they are for the front only so I don't know about the rear. These are for 89's so I haven't checked to see if they are available for other years yet. Look under suspension, then bushing kit. Has anybody tried these???
Hope this helps.
Peace out!!

shepherd79
05-30-2002, 11:45 AM
yeah those are for the front for LXI and SEI model. they have bigger sway bar.
i wish i knew about them before. oh well live and learn.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 89accordlxi
Have you guys checked nopi.com. They have a poly bushing kit for like $8. Check it out and see if those are what you are looking for. It looks like they are for the front only so I don't know about the rear. These are for 89's so I haven't checked to see if they are available for other years yet. Look under suspension, then bushing kit. Has anybody tried these???
Hope this helps.
Peace out!!

[url]www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dspparts&vL1ID=0&makeid=140&modelid=010&catyear=1989&catid=0010&pcid=474&vTitle=1989%20HONDA%20Accord%20Suspension%20Bushin g%20kit[url]

sorry you gotta cut and paste all the above from www to 20kit

It's a shifter bushing kit. Nothing else come's up.:confused:
I have never ever seen poly bushings for our sway bars. I talked to energy suspension awhile back and they said if I sent them a oem set of bushings they could match them up with some universal bushings. But I don't know if that offers still on.

CARBurn
05-30-2002, 12:29 PM
Bushings, bushings, bushings, I have been waiting over a month for energy suspension to deliver some polyurethane bushings for my rear sway bar. I picked up a rear sway bar off of a lxi hatchback in the junkyard and have been waiting to put it on, but i need the polyurethane bushings to give me the proper ride. I went to the dealer and they wanted $30 for the stock bushings (This includes mounting bushings and endlinks for the rear). I paid over 70 dollars for bushings from energy suspension for the front and rear!!!! and I still only have the bushings for the front!!!!!

I do have an LXi front sway bar and I finally got the mounting and endlink bushing for it. Just need to install it, but I am waiting to do my whole setup all at one time (springs, shocks, f/r sway bar). I kept having to return the mounting bushings because Energy suspension gave me the wrong size, 25mm diameter bushings instead of the LXi size 22 mm. And they gave me endlinks from a 94-96 accord, but these I can make fit and will probably just need to modify them. The speed shop I am getting them from told me they are making them as I order them. Good grief!!!!!!

Aren't there other companies that make polyurethane bushing for our cars?

shepherd79
05-31-2002, 06:26 AM
ok here is part number for front sway bar bushings 474+3909
http://www.nopionline.com
i haven't seen the bushings for the shifter yeat.
http://www.addco.net/products/honda.shtml

CARBurn
05-31-2002, 11:30 AM
that part number is for shifter bushings, not sway bar bushings.

shepherd79
05-31-2002, 12:21 PM
I don't know how would you use those kind bushings for your shifter, But i am telling you, those are for front sway bar.
All the peaces are the same i had to get for my sway bar.
I think Nopi did a typo on this one.
But i can swear those are sway bar bushings.
For the shifter bushings, look at here part number 019100
http://performance.autopartsperformance.com/

muad_dibtech
02-21-2003, 02:57 PM
does anybody have the part #'s for the front and rear sway bars from energy suspension for an'88 lxi????email me if you do..