PDA

View Full Version : Possible bodykit!!!

Swan
03-16-2003, 01:55 PM
I just thought of something!! I was thinking about what kind of body kit I could slap on my accord, and I happened to notice my mom's van, a 93 Town and Country... at a glance, the curves of the front bumpers look the same on both vehicles, so I took a measuring tape and went around the van's bumper, and then my car... sure enough, there was only like, a half inch difference!! I think you could easily take off like, a quarter inch on each end of the t&c bumper, and it would fit! but then, I started thinking "what about the width?".. there's like a half inch difference there too...I think... it was a quick measurement, so I could be off.... so, after a half inch out of the middle, and a quarted inch off each side, it would fit! the only problem I can think of is the height! just cut off the bottom end of it, and you could stick it to the rear, maybe.....I just now thought of that much! Anyway, could someone else look into this, to see if I'm accurate? Like I said, it was a quick, like, not even 2 minutes to check it out.....I think you could make an awesome looking widebody conversion if you're good with molding and fiberglass and stuff like that!

dXsquared
03-16-2003, 02:01 PM
you got any pics of this van?

Travis

Swan
03-16-2003, 02:04 PM
no.. I just thought of it like an hour ago, right before we left to eat lunch

88 Accord DX
03-16-2003, 02:13 PM
okay here is what you do. late at night when your mom is asleep you sneak out there and rip the bumper off her car and see if it fits. then take pics and let us see. also you might wanna put the bumper back on your moms van.

Swan
03-16-2003, 02:14 PM
ok, I DID find pictures of A 93 town and country.... if I sent the link, maybe you could go and check it out, and mess around with photoshop, or whatever other programs that poeple use to make false pictures....just to see what its like! well, here it is: http://www.iclub.lv/pages/chrysler/
I'm mostly interested in the first two pics.. the left view, and the right front corner....can someone check into this?

88 Accord DX
03-16-2003, 02:15 PM
that front bumper might actually look pretty tight

buzzbomber88lx
03-16-2003, 02:20 PM
I think it would look kind of odd. You would have fog lights though!

89AccordLvr
03-16-2003, 04:18 PM
i think the xenon look better as an oldie then that and its a perfect fit

dXsquared
03-16-2003, 04:22 PM
no shit the XENON looks better.. its a BODY KIT! this is just a lip off an old ass van...

Travis

Swan
03-16-2003, 04:58 PM
anyone able to use photoshop to make a picture of an accord 4-door with this bumper? and then post it here? I would, but I don't have photoshop, a digital camera, AND I can't even post attachments.....

89AccordLvr
03-16-2003, 05:03 PM
try pming paul_aerodeck he good at photoshoppin crap