PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Problems

rgbpmp
03-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Alright im having a few wierd problems.

I turn on my car and it idles fine, but when i put the car in drive the cars idle falls around 700 rpm's.

When i am driving the car with my radio on, and i turn on the blower for heater or a/c the radio shuts off and blower doesnt turn on.

The ecu is not blinking any codes.

I replaced the alternator yesterday. And still the same problems.

Sometimes the car almost dies out because the idle falls so low. The battery is from autozone and is not close to a year old.

I have no idea what the problem is.

Could it be the battery?

MrBen
03-16-2003, 11:24 PM
It's sounding to me like it could possibly be a loose connection somewhere. If it is, it's probably going to be pretty tough to find. Your idle might be set too low also.

MrBen
03-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Your site is really cool!

OldSchoolSwap
03-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Sounds like an electrical issue. Check your fuses. Loose or cut wires under the dash. Look for riggs under your dash. Old alarms or existing ones.

Check your vacumm hoses in the engine bay. Electrical wires in engine bay.

If all esle fails. Take it in for service.

rgbpmp
03-17-2003, 05:19 PM
I just had the battery checked - Good.

I dont know what the heck the problem is.

I know the idle cant be set too low, cause i had to raise it about 2 months ago cause it was doing the same thing. Idles fine in park or neutral, but when its in drive the car idles like crap.

All fuses are good.

MrBen
03-17-2003, 05:43 PM
For the electrical issue, I would get on your back and check all the wires under your dash and make sure they are connected tightly and nothing is loose or corroded etc. If that checks out ok, make sure your wires are the correct ones connected to your radio, if it was recently put in. Even if it wasnt recently put in, check them unless it is the stock deck.

meohmy01
03-17-2003, 05:47 PM
my car does the same thing. but it never realy idles any ways. and when the base hits all the lights dim.

ACCORD EX
03-18-2003, 12:51 AM
for the idle thing check the PCV valve and vacuum leaks ( easy on an EFI ) !

MIKE

shepherd79
03-18-2003, 04:33 AM
sounds like you have electrical problems. clean your battery connections. check your ground wire to make sure it is tight.
check your fuses, make sure they are the same Amps as it says on the stickers and not lower.
oh yeah, take your car to autozone to check alternator too.

MrBen
03-18-2003, 09:58 AM
I agree, check yourground wire. My friends 91 Accord had similar problems when his ground wire came loose behind his deck.

89AccordLXI666
03-18-2003, 08:06 PM
I had the same problem it turned out to be the ignition, try wiggling the key a bit before you start it and it should work... I bet that's the problem cuz I had the same shit happen to me too bro... also check your starter as well there could be a lose connection with the connecter, try fiddling with that too... hope that helps and hope ypur problem goes away and everything works fine... I'm pretty sure it's your igintion, try it out see what happens... n good luck bro... Lataz

cruznz
03-19-2003, 03:39 AM
i agree with oldschoolswap as far as electrical problem goes....as for your idle,...when did you last have a full tune-up?(...plugs,leads, etc.......)

AccordEpicenter
03-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Dude check your ground straps in your engine compartment, its probably ground related.

MrBen
03-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Or behind the deck if recently installed.

rgbpmp
03-19-2003, 05:29 PM
I last did a tune up probably 4 months ago, plugs wires, about 6 months ago i did distributor cap and rotor. I do regular oil changes.

I took a look at the ground wire in the engine compartment and it looked fine, might need a little cleaning but looks pretty good.

I replaced my deck over a year ago and it has been fine so far up until the problem (few months).

But i am going to check the wires behind the dash to see about the blower motor.

Ill check the other things too.

Thanks, so far!

Ryan

MrBen
03-19-2003, 05:43 PM
I would check your deck anyway if everything else checks out good. Things can come loose!