PDA

View Full Version : First Problem(s)

wikkedv15
03-17-2003, 08:53 AM
ok well today i left the car in the grass to take pics for yall using my comp cam through the window.. its ghetto but damnit yall wanted pics..
anyhow
well i go look inside and the temp is like 3/4s way up so i figure fuck it needs coolant..
anyhow..
then i start to drive the car.. and the friggin car wants to die..
i think my alternator is seriously bad.. reason being
yesterday at wal mart .. my car didnt wanna start.. so i got it push started..
i got a battery at discount auto parts.. everything was fine except the batter light never went off.. i mean i resetted the ecu and all.. nothing..
ok so i was fine with that.. but today..
i drove it around the block.. and the temp needle went down to nromal.. so i was like fine..
then i park it in my garage.. and turn on the ac real quick to see what effect it would have.. the car dies..
i let the car glide backwards and got it push started by myself.. in reverse :flip:
anyhow.. would there be a problem with the ac... or is it bcuz the battery is near dead?
so its my friggin alternator im assuming ? what do u guys thing
by the way when i turn on the ac.. and it dies the PGM-Fi like comes on .. thats normal right
so sad.. 3g didnt last me a week without problems
but i guess thats the fun in it.. and thats why u guys(including me :wave: ) become attached to these cars..
well any help in this prob?
edit:
ok .. another thing i found out that i forgot to post..
the car is making lil pup pup sounds from the exhaust.. its a firing miss right? i need new spark plugs dont i?
another thing.. i cant rev past 5k anymore.. it would stop there.. so its either in the alternator or spark plugs tell me im close lol?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-17-2003, 08:59 AM
I don't know much about FI cars, but all I can say is hang in there dude. I know when I bought my car the timing belt broke and I had to replace the pistons, valves, etc.... But it's all good now. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

wikkedv15
03-17-2003, 09:04 AM
thanks mike.. hehehe i sent u the pics of my car to ur email..
there small but u cant post them up..
PLZ:(

Mike's89AccordLX
03-17-2003, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry dude I have never posted a pic before either. I'm sorry I can't help out with the pics either.

wikkedv15
03-17-2003, 09:16 AM
ANYBODY PLZ..! help here..

wikkedv15
03-17-2003, 09:54 AM
PLZ.:sadwave: :( :sadwave:

sleeper98gsr
03-17-2003, 10:49 AM
yeah, it sounds like your alternator. replaced mine and car goes to 6800 with ease now. also, a tune-up is a great idea considering the age of the car.

88' Accord Ltd
03-17-2003, 11:36 AM
yeah, i would check the alternator out, also check the code next time the PGM-FI light comes on.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Yeah you could check the codes and find out how many blinks and do a search on this site for ECU codes and there will be a place where it will tell you whats wrong.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Ah hell I have nothing else to do right now. Here's the link for the codes. And GhettoAccord posted this link on another thread.

http://www.geocities.com/honda_club_egypt/ecu.htm

I like to give credit where it's deserved :)

markmdz89hatch
03-17-2003, 01:19 PM
I'll host any pics you want to post up.

Just e-mail the pics to me in jpeg format, PM me letting me know that you sent them, and I'll take care of the rest from there.

Don't know the diagnosis to your problem, but I'm gonna guess that if the temp's going through the roof like that, I'd take a look at the t.stat too. It's cheap, and a very quick (10 min) job.

Good luck.

PS> Mike, was it with the 3G that you snapped the t.belt? Cuz if so, I'm 90% positive that our engines are non-interference. Meaning if the belt snaps, no internals are damaged. Who know, I haven't seen any hard evidence to support that though.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Yeah it was my 3G. If that's the case I'm going to sue those bastards. I bent my valves and pistons (that's what they said) when the timing belt broke. If you could find that out please let me know b/c that was like $2000 for all the crap. I could use $2000 right now.

wikkedv15
03-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Um mark whats ur email? lol i dont get how this works.. becuz it sends me to a another page with a small box for an email and shit.. but how da hell am i suppost to post pics wit that...

markmdz89hatch
03-17-2003, 01:42 PM
[email protected]

Mike-> I've been searching for a little bit for the thread where we went in depth about the timing belt and the problems it causes. I don't remember anything about that thread other then it mentioning that the A20 was a non-interference engine.

wikkedv15
03-17-2003, 02:26 PM
have u posted the pics yet mark...?
not trying to rush ya just want to see everyones opinions.. i mean hell the pics arnt all that good anyway lol:mad:

markmdz89hatch
03-17-2003, 02:32 PM
..yeah I just got 'em, but any chance you could resend 'em to me in .jpeg or .jpg format? I'd do it, but I'm at work, and don't want anyone to see me editing pics here.

wikkedv15
03-17-2003, 03:25 PM
i am sending them in jpeg...
i already did.. damnit can anyone else do it..
lol
my car is lying there lifeless bcuz of me taking these pics..
i think they deserve to be shown..:( :sadwave:

AvgWhtMale
03-17-2003, 07:46 PM
It's an interference engine.

wikkedv15
03-17-2003, 09:15 PM
mike start calling ur lawyer..
hahaa