PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Auto Salon

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-17-2003, 11:36 AM
well 3geezers,
I picked up the new issue of Honda Tuning and it seems Honda is in a precarious position. They had a guy at the Tokyo Auto Salon who brought back good/bad news. The good, which isn't a lot, is that the new Fit model- picture a new Civic Si with four doors- outsold the Corolla in Japan. They may possibly be bringing over to the U.S. for us to play with. Though that doesn't concern some 3geezers, I know some of you guys are married with kids and a good reliable family car may be something you need. While manufacturers like Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Daihatsu and Subaru were a strong showing, Honda wasn't much of a presence. It's true, Honda isn't the big name in Japan like it is here. The big trend is RWD and AWD, and Honda don't got it. Here's hoping Honda will come up with new designs that hold preferably the AWD stance. Honda needs to get some new energy in and get the creative juices going if they want to stay a top manufacturer. Would those with families agree that Honda needs some type of 4-door performance sedan, maybe with AWD? It's my belief that Honda is relying on the import love affair in the U.S. to keep them golden here, but as for Japan...... that's a different story. Take from this what you will, but Honda needs to get a line on some RWD cars to be more effective.

-Nolan