PDA

View Full Version : clunk.

cubert
03-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Ok..this weekend i noticed a little clunking noise coming from the front end when i turned...figured it was the other axle dying out (already replaced one)...then today ive been driving around and it got worse and worse where its too the point when im driving..if i hold the clutch you can hear it clunking and i cant really tell but it almost seems like the car kinda goes up and down....someone said it could be brakes or an alignment...but im pretty convinced its the other axle..any ideas? because at this point it seems like the car cant go a week without something dying on it and its kinda giving me second thoughts about keeping the 3g...so help me out please:rolleyes:

ACCORD EX
03-18-2003, 12:50 AM
does it do it while turning the steering ! ? if not teh clunking could be for your balljoints !

MIKE

cubert
03-18-2003, 07:16 AM
well im guessing that might be it then...because before it was only while turning but last night it was just going straight...this morning it didnt do it going straight but it probable will go back to doing it...thanks accord

ACCORD EX
03-18-2003, 02:45 PM
check your balljoints boot maybe it 's ripped and grease came out of it ! i repacked mine with a new boot ( actually a used piece of rubber :D ) without taking the ball joint out ! and the clunking stop ! try that first !

MIKE

cubert
03-19-2003, 10:16 AM
the boot is ripped...yippay...im gonna try repacking it..but it looks like its already been done because theres a different boot on there..so i dunno how good this will work

ACCORD EX
03-20-2003, 05:10 AM
before repaking it get he lower balljoint bolt out ! and take the old boot out and clean the joint using gas carefully and wait until it's completely dry ! apply grease and turn it around so grease goes into the joint ! then put a greas into boot , fit the boot in the balljoints then teh lowe arm then the bolt !
i did my both sides and now problems now !
they can last for a year or so with this !

MIKE