PDA

View Full Version : New User

danronian
03-17-2003, 06:53 PM
I've been here for a little while, and have become quite addicted, and much more educated in the field of 3rd gen accords, I thank you all for that. I was driving a 75' Chevelle that I spent 3 years+ and $7 grand on and I just couldnt handle dodging teen drivers any longer so I set out to find a more economical and reliable car. I actually was stuck between an 87 hatch and my 89 sedan but since we convinced the seller into selling it for half the price the sedan is what I ended up with. When I bought the car in December it had 140K, LX-i (all power options, no fog lights, and all of them work except that stupid antenna), 5-speed(which my dad taught me how to drive in a weekend), and has lots of little dings. Since I bought it I replaced both half shafts, both upper control arms, rear brake shoes, all the speakers, and a head-unit. For the great ride and awesome reliability so far I believe the $1,900 purchase price was well worth it.

SiR
03-18-2003, 07:49 AM
We are all glad to help you on your Accord! What are your plans for your car?

danronian
03-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Well since the paint on the hood is cracked, it has tons of little dings and scratches, the paint on the roof is revealing primer, and needs body work done around the rear wheelwells I thought I might prep it and either learn how to paint it myself or take it to Maaco like I did to the chevelle. Im not sure yet though, I may just spray the 1/4 panels, hood, and roof with some duplicolor.
Other than body work I would also like to make myself a good sounding sound system. So far I have a new HU, 2 subs, and an amp but I am planning on uprgrading everything but the HU, I bought way too cheap stuff.
My main goal for this car is to have a comfortable nice looking respectable ride that will last me at least four years without needing major money put into it.