PDA

View Full Version : Oil smell but not leaking oil

c20v6turbo3rdgen
03-17-2003, 10:58 PM
I am having a oil smell in my car after I drive it, I checked my exhaust manifold and it is not there cause I thought it would be there getting hot and buring on it. I checked my valve cover gasket and it looks good, I sprayed it was some brake cleaner to get all the old oil off of it. I can't think of anywhere else, I was thinking that it could be at the timing belt form the valve cover gasket near the tim. belt. I was thinking that it could be leaking just a little bit to get onto the tim belt and it slings it off somewhere then it gets on the block somewhere and then burns....I don't know what to do. The only thing after theat is in the oil ring near the distributor cap....

AccordEpicenter
03-18-2003, 07:14 AM
yeah id get under the car to look. My car leaked from the valve cover gasket in the corner near the distributor and it looked like an o ring but the o ring was good so i put a valve cover gasket in it. In your case it could be a cam seal or somthing... you should go look.

Grant2k
03-18-2003, 07:31 AM
check your power steering fluid. you could have a small leak and when that burns it smells just like oil.

DBMaster
03-18-2003, 07:51 AM
I have the same thing and have had it for a long time. I do have to add PS fluid every month or so so I am sure that's what it is. I replaced the high pressure hose a few years ago and it is not leaking, but I am sure it is seeping out somewhere.

Unless it gets worse I am not losing sleep over it.