PDA

View Full Version : ****Official SoCal 3geez meet****Sat. March 22nd

socal3rdgen
03-18-2003, 12:15 AM
alright the meet is saturday, please say if you are going and i will add ppl to the running list below. Please PM me your cellphone numbers so we can stay in touch the day of the meet. Believe me it helped at the last meet. My number is 661-313-4080 call me. If you dont want to give your number away then call me if you hae a problem with directions more then likily i will already be with jon. I will update it when someone claims they are going. Even if you've said you were going before, please post it again even if its a maybe (BoredRec) :stick:.

oh and i missed hoho1217 in the last thread so your going on this time sorry dude.

We are having the meet at 10:00am at Palos Verde Park . Then its off to the Dyno. 2 runs for $50 (this is not a dyno tune). The map below is a map of the surrounding area. to find your driving directions just click the link in the top righthand side that says "to this location". oh and i have something for everyone with a 3geez ride at the meet. Im sure you will like it. we are definetly takeing video again this time. Trevor charge your fucking battery. But i hope we can find a camera crew that doesnt record themselves trying to shut off the camera. :lol j/k

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&ed=AifBR.p_0TocRs41Lfl_R0JDcY3LGCQPtePpefDBhhB.X8K 12aMVY7MGTaSZ&csz=westminster,%20CA&country=us

1. hoho1217
2. socal3rdgen
3. wickedaccord
4. BOLINKXR-89LXI
5. BoredRec
6. dohc
7. pimping89lxi

wickedaccord
03-18-2003, 05:22 PM
count me in socal3rdgen. it will be at 10:00am at palos verde park. i will contact the dyno guy before sat. i totally forgot to tell him it's been changed to the 22nd. anyhow, joel, can u pm me ur cell number again. or if u dont care, give me on the thread. by the way, on that day u can contact me at 714-906-9009 it's a friends cell, but ill be with him. anyone who got lost can get a hold of me there also. cant wait for this sat.. hope there will be over a dozen 3geez there. late

jon

BOLINKXR-89LXI
03-18-2003, 07:33 PM
YES I WILL HAVE MY SHIT CHARGED! THE DIGTIAL AND THE CAMCORDER WILL BE READY

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by BOLINKXR-89LXI
YES I WILL HAVE MY SHIT CHARGED! THE DIGTIAL AND THE CAMCORDER WILL BE READY

:lol touchy are we?

:flip:

BoredRec
03-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Ok, here's my maybe post. Damn, I hope I can get away from my family long enuf to see whats up. But it'll be late...I won't get into town till after 2pm...maybe later. Cell is 702-339-5351.

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by wickedaccord
count me in socal3rdgen. it will be at 10:00am at palos verde park. i will contact the dyno guy before sat. i totally forgot to tell him it's been changed to the 22nd. anyhow, joel, can u pm me ur cell number again. or if u dont care, give me on the thread. by the way, on that day u can contact me at 714-906-9009 it's a friends cell, but ill be with him. anyone who got lost can get a hold of me there also. cant wait for this sat.. hope there will be over a dozen 3geez there. late

jon

my cell is 661-313-4080. ill hit you up that morning early. did ya ever have another guess to what my friends car is. :D

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by BoredRec
Ok, here's my maybe post. Damn, I hope I can get away from my family long enuf to see whats up. But it'll be late...I won't get into town till after 2pm...maybe later. Cell is 702-339-5351.

well you remember last time 2pm came and went real quick. im pretty sure we will still be looking under each others hoods.:D

88LXiHB
03-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Might be out there in the GSX...Anyone want to run? ;)

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by 88LXiHB
Might be out there in the GSX...Anyone want to run? ;)

oh sure come on down dude. i would like to video tape a gsx getting smoked. :tongue:

so are you saying that you might come?

wickedaccord
03-19-2003, 10:17 AM
alright.. it's settle. talked to the dyno guys. they're ready for us on the 22nd. hey joel.. im guessing if it's a single turbo., it'd be an rx7 or even maybe single turbo supra. u said rwd.. only cars i can think of rwd turbos r those. unless he owns a datson 280z or something. which r pretty fast for old stock car running low 15's. but hmm.. rwd turbo.. twin?? if twin then most likely a 300z. unless it's a saab, not too sure if saabs r fwd or rwd. nice car though. aah heck, jus spoil it and tell me. and is that GSX stock?? wat year? last time i ran an 95 auto GSX was with my a20. my friend owned the GSX. not talkin shit, but i beat it by almost 2 car lengths finishing only 3rd. never pulled after that though. but i would love to see if u can make all 4 wheels spin hard on that car. and to ur question.. im sure my friends with a 5speed legend would run u and my friends del sol b16 will run u. we'll see though, it's all fun. hey joel, how'd ur paint job turn out??

:bow: jon

goldyaccord
03-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Hmm...

I Could MAYBE go. :) I'm tempted to run the Jaguar on the dyno. :D

10 am!? sheesh, If i went I'd have to leave around 4 or something. oh well, I could go to sleep early.

What's goin on other than Dyno runs?

Btw, I'm in Phoenix.

Josh

88LXiHB
03-19-2003, 12:46 PM
The GSX is not stock. ;)

I might follow Eric out there, but I might have a new job, so I hope that doesn't interfere...

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 01:34 PM
The GSX is not stock. ;)

I might follow Eric out there, but I might have a new job, so I hope that doesn't interfere...

yeah theres another turbo coming that is the guy who painted my car. thats what i meant by that. hope you can come to the meet.

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by goldyaccord

10 am!? sheesh, If i went I'd have to leave around 4 or something. oh well, I could go to sleep early.

What's goin on other than Dyno runs?

Josh

well as of right now we are going to the dyno then i dont know. but believe me, we will end up doing somethin, rember this is southern cali, theres always somthin to do. for one we sat and bullshitted for like 6 hours last time then we all went home cuz we got kicked out of the parking lot. :lol.

i would really like to see a good amount of members. last time there were 6-7 member and 5 other ppl. and it is looking good for this meet. this time there will also be other cars as well as 3rdgens. hope you can make it. read the thread from the last meet. we had a hell of a time.

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 02:05 PM
alright.. it's settle. talked to the dyno guys. they're ready for us on the 22nd. hey joel.. im guessing if it's a single turbo., it'd be an rx7 or even maybe single turbo supra. u said rwd.. only cars i can think of rwd turbos r those. unless he owns a datson 280z or something. which r pretty fast for old stock car running low 15's. but hmm.. rwd turbo.. twin?? if twin then most likely a 300z. unless it's a saab, not too sure if saabs r fwd or rwd. nice car though. aah heck, jus spoil it and tell me. and is that GSX stock?? wat year? last time i ran an 95 auto GSX was with my a20. my friend owned the GSX. not talkin shit, but i beat it by almost 2 car lengths finishing only 3rd. never pulled after that though. but i would love to see if u can make all 4 wheels spin hard on that car. and to ur question.. im sure my friends with a 5speed legend would run u and my friends del sol b16 will run u. we'll see though, it's all fun. hey joel, how'd ur paint job turn out??

the paint job turned out good. although i still have weeks of refining to do on it. its looking good. man when you see this turbo you are going to be like "why the hell did i not think of that car". sorry cant spoil the surprise. i think you would have to get a perfect launch to keep up with this car. oh yeah its a single turbo rwd.

wickedaccord
03-19-2003, 02:47 PM
hmm.. ok is it a factory turbo or did he turbo a n/a car?? meaning did he through on a turbo kit? that will finalize wat i think it is

88LXiHB
03-19-2003, 03:02 PM
I will not be making it to this meet. :( A DSM meet falls on Sat. night.

But thats cool, next time I will come, and have all my fuel problems sorted out. :D

:mid13s:

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 03:23 PM
hmm.. ok is it a factory turbo or did he turbo a n/a car?? meaning did he through on a turbo kit? that will finalize wat i think it is

factory turbo. *tick-tock-tick-tock*......:D

socal3rdgen
03-19-2003, 03:25 PM
I will not be making it to this meet. :( A DSM meet falls on Sat. night.

But thats cool, next time I will come, and have all my fuel problems sorted out. :D

:mid13s:

*sell out!!!!!!!!* :lol

alright man we'll see ya in a few months.

1987HondaAccord
03-19-2003, 04:50 PM
I might be coming... We'll have to see... I want to see wicked accord try to race the mystery car :rolleyes: ;) :D :D

dohc
03-20-2003, 12:06 PM
i guess imma go, gotta support 3 gee. hope to see ya der!

wickedaccord
03-20-2003, 12:12 PM
jus so u all know.. i confirmed with the dyno guys. all set for this sat. they wanted us to go at 9am but i said we're actually meeting at 10am. so we gotta be over there by 12pm jus so we have time to do everyone's cars. factory turbo.. either a 89 supra and up or a 90 rx7 and up. if not, a golf or jetta turbo, but wait.. rwd.. cant be a vw. my only guess r those. unless it's a porche. we'll jus have to see now. hope there will be a lot of 3geez there..

socal3rdgen
03-20-2003, 01:44 PM
sounds good jon, well its not any of those cars. not a supra. it is japanese though.

i want to let eveyone know that if you cant make it by 10:00am we will be at the park until about 11:15am. if you for somereason come to the park after that point please call my cell (661-313-4080) and we will tell you were we are at. dont worry the dyno is more then likely only a few minutes away.

wickedaccord
03-20-2003, 03:13 PM
the dyno is quite a ways to go.. but still easy to find. i will tell u where to go now jus in case some of u got stuck in traffic or so.. to get to the dyno., u basically get back on the 405 and continue going south. then u want to exit BRISTOL. make a RIGHT on BRISTOL. follow bristol through to about maybe 2 miles. then when u pass RED HILL, the shop will be on ur RIGHT HAND SIDE. look for A-OK MUFFLER. i cant remember wat the name was, but there is an oil change station in there also. so look for that. the A-OK MUFFLER shop is in the back. when u enter, make sure u make a right and head towards the back. if u cant find it, jus call. i will help u out from there. good luck to everyone. looking foward to see u all. by the way,,. if it's not any of those of wat i said.. then i wouldnt be able to figure it out. unless it is a datson 510 or 280.. oh well.. we'll jus have to see. late

hoho1217
03-20-2003, 04:41 PM
o sorry i didn't post this earlier, hehe

my cell is 626-643-1964.

and things have changed a bit for me, my mom is getting a lil PMS about this, but im 99.9999% im still going

and my friend said he might go, he drives another turbo car >=)
but he's a maybe, not sure yet, it'll depends wut goes on tomorow after skool.

socal3rdgen
03-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by hoho1217
o sorry i didn't post this earlier, hehe

my cell is 626-643-1964.

and things have changed a bit for me, my mom is getting a lil PMS about this, but im 99.9999% im still going

and my friend said he might go, he drives another turbo car >=)
but he's a maybe, not sure yet, it'll depends wut goes on tomorow after skool.

alright its cool. ill give you a call at 9:30am. bring your friend along too

dohc
03-20-2003, 08:46 PM
sounds cool, i wont be able to dyno test my ride due to low budget and ill try to get a couple of my friends to come along, the more the merrier. how long will this even be? hope to be an all day thing. pz

socal3rdgen
03-20-2003, 09:26 PM
the dyno is quite a ways to go.. but still easy to find. i will tell u where to go now jus in case some of u got stuck in traffic or so.. to get to the dyno., u basically get back on the 405 and continue going south. then u want to exit BRISTOL. make a RIGHT on BRISTOL. follow bristol through to about maybe 2 miles. then when u pass RED HILL, the shop will be on ur RIGHT HAND SIDE. look for A-OK MUFFLER. i cant remember wat the name was, but there is an oil change station in there also. so look for that. the A-OK MUFFLER shop is in the back. when u enter, make sure u make a right and head towards the back. if u cant find it, jus call. i will help u out from there. good luck to everyone. looking foward to see u all. by the way,,. if it's not any of those of wat i said.. then i wouldnt be able to figure it out. unless it is a datson 510 or 280.. oh well.. we'll jus have to see. late

Well ill give you one more clue. :he he he: its a '91 turbo. if you were to buy one right now they would go for 6,000-8,000 average. come on jon i know you can get this.

goldyaccord
03-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
Well ill give you one more clue. :he he he: its a '91 turbo. if you were to buy one right now they would go for 6,000-8,000 average. come on jon i know you can get this.

MR2?????

dohc
03-21-2003, 05:34 AM
no i think he talking bout a sentra ;x. i can be wrong though. if only my homie with a 91 turbo sentra never wrecked his car, hed join us. ill try asking another with a turbo civic for yah to race.

dohc
03-21-2003, 05:35 AM
no i think he talking bout a sentra ;x. i can be wrong though. if only my homie with a 91 turbo sentra never wrecked his car, he'd join us. ill try asking another with a turbo civic for yah to race. well tomorrow is the meet! got to do some tuning! pz out n hope to see everyone der

(i cant seem to delete this post , some one delete my previous post, sorry if i reposted)

-dohc

oh also i wanna comment on

that 91 turbo that cost around 6 or something g's, try a 1972 rx2 at 3 - 5 g'z. those cars are fast. well my opinion ;p

pimping89lxi
03-21-2003, 11:05 AM
:pimp:

Hey count me in too! last time some shit went down... this time it better not! :werd:

wickedaccord
03-21-2003, 03:04 PM
it cant be a sentra if it is factory turbo. an mr2 is a good choice although joel never said if it was a mid engine or front engine. anyhow, hopefully we'll have more than 10 cars. it is 40 dollars a run with 10-15 cars.. up to 20. it might even be 20 or 30 bucks. who knows. i jus hope i dont have to race everyone that is going to the meet haha! but ill have my friends pit em up first, then ill race. i jus hope my hp curve hasnt changed since i have a new distributor, map sensor and a spoon chipped ecu now. ill find out at the dyno though. late

1987HondaAccord
03-21-2003, 03:27 PM
I am deffinately going...

dohc
03-21-2003, 04:05 PM
i thought it was 40 bucks for just 2 cars. :werd: i dont think anyone would wanna spend that much just for a dyno run. well tomorrow is the meet!! hope to see all yah there!~! and hope yah dont get any tickets for yah :rolleyes:

socal3rdgen
03-21-2003, 04:21 PM
it cant be a sentra if it is factory turbo. an mr2 is a good choice although joel never said if it was a mid engine or front engine. anyhow,

i just hope i dont have to race everyone that is going to the meet haha!

ha ha, im not going to give you every clue. :lol man you know you would want to run everyone at the meet. You made your car to do one thing. go fast real quick without a turbo. :D

dohc
03-21-2003, 07:06 PM
i will not run, but watch a fun race ;p. i have yet to finish my 96 civic then ill run

CASH24
03-21-2003, 07:34 PM
count me in too, i'll be there for sure (562)225-6358
Danny

wickedaccord
03-21-2003, 08:22 PM
ok so far there r 7 ppl going including me. i need to know exactly how many ppl will be on the dyno. r u guys bringing friends also to do dyno runs?? there is 9 total with my 2 friends and the names on the list. let me know if we will be over 10 cars or atleast 10 cars dynoing. and joel, u got a point there. but ive been racing too often it's not even funny anymore. friends and i almost had to jump this guy a few weeks ago. but turned out all good. thank god i didnt get shot! but, im still trying to figure out where we r going to run. i know specific places, but we cant stay there too long. we can do light to light, but r u guys afraid of cops?? i know of another place, but we gotta wait till like, 12am to race there. cuz i know security there. only problem is, we can only race 2 gears depending on ur gear ratios. i get to 3rd. my friends legend finishes 2nd only. we'll figure it out tomorrow. joel, ill give u a call tomorrow when im at the park alright. laters

jon

hoho1217
03-21-2003, 10:31 PM
haha, ooops i forgot to tell u guys my name, haha, or else if u guys try to contact me, u wont know who to look for, =D sorry again

my cell is once again, 626 643 1964
my name is Kevin. (nick name hoho)

im about 38 miles away from the park, i'll leave my house at around 9:15.

and i've changed my plans a bit also, im not gonna stay for the dyno, cuz i ran outa cash, lolol, so after like when we meet at the park, when u guys hit the dyno shop, imma jet.

but i also want to know, how long are we gonna stay at the park? hopefully a while, right? cuz i wanna be able to meet u all and have some time to check out the rides and chat a lil, u know?

so ya, that's all.

looking forward to see you guys tomorow =D

kevin.

DarknessRS
03-22-2003, 01:54 AM
I'll have to head down to one of these sometime. Count me in if you hold one during the summer.

dohc
03-22-2003, 05:35 AM
todays the day whoo hoo! i hope to b der first! my car will be primar gray (not black) and well ill just uh see yah der! :werd:

dohc
03-22-2003, 12:43 PM
meeting was to short. needs to be longer next time :) but i had to leave and it was fun to meet the 3gee crew. props to everyone that went. and can some one post the group pic with names? pz

hoho1217
03-22-2003, 10:16 PM
hehe that was pretty fun meeting u guys too, sorry i couldn't stay with u guys, i had to go. but ya that was pretty fun! =D

dohc
03-22-2003, 10:48 PM
some one post a group pic n name the pictures!! i didnt get introduced to everyone!!:mad:

BoredRec
03-23-2003, 04:57 PM
Well, I didn't make it, but there is a perfectly good reason for it besides the fact that I was stuck with my family all day. A piece of sheetrock on the freeway is NOT a good thing. Managed to screw up my car pretty good just past the El Cajon Pass heading to the I-15/215 split. A 4x4 piece of sheetrock was in the road and flew up and nailed my car. My friend was in front of me and was lucky to just run it over, but it got kicked up, got some air, and I plowed right into it. So now the future of the 3gee is up in the air. Too much wrong with it, might be time to give it up. It seems like every time I fix one thing, three other things break.

Here's a pic of mine and my friend's car...he lucked out.
http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/IMG_1144%20(Small).jpg

Here's all the damage to my car...busted bumper light, damaged bumber, tore the fog light off, messed up the grill, and cracked the windshield.
http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/IMG_1145%20(Small).jpg

Here's a close up of the bumper. Notice the chunks of sheetrock still stuck in the mesh.
http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/IMG_1148%20(Small).jpg

Hope everyone had more fun than I did.

BOLINKXR-89LXI
03-23-2003, 07:21 PM
I guess If i see a pice of sheetrock I will try to miss it dosent look frindly to a 3g

dohc
03-23-2003, 07:46 PM
i messed up my bumper pretty bad too on the fwy, freakin truck tires. my front clip part broke off and i still showed up ;p

updated : i cracked my driver side skyline r32 headlights ;[. hopefully i can get another set, or if not, integra front conversion. anyone got connections to those projectors? not the type r one. i got a set, will be modded on my 96 civic hb :rant: