PDA

View Full Version : Error 12, Error 12. She's Gonna Blow

Immeraufdemhund
03-18-2003, 06:03 AM
ok, i'm a little bored. I found my egr and took it off to test it out. I took it off and ran the car and it continued to accelerate (doesn't suprise me) Now i have the EGR in my hand and i suck on the vacuum line it moves with out too much of a problem. But my car still gave out the error 12 code which is
EGR LIft Sensor (Exuaust Gas Recirculation)
defective circuit or unplugged sensor/ defective sensor. So is my EGR ok and if so then were is this stupid sensor?

-=-=-=-update-=-=-=-

well I called honda today and they told me to check the control box that is attached to the firewall.. I traced line 16 (from egr to control) that goes into a tube that connects to some silver tube with a motor in it and with the outlet attached to 17. Well 17 used to plug into something before i took off my air box. I looked at my diagram on the hood and that looked like 17 and 18 are connected... it doesn't that just kills the car. So now i'm just kinda stumped, i cleaned up a few things and i haven't got my CEL to come on again, but i haven't checked under my seat to see if it's still throwing an error. If anyone needs more ino on what i just said just ask!