PDA

View Full Version : Question about interior

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-18-2003, 01:53 PM
i know some of you have redone your interior, and i was wondering if, those who did it themselves, had a pattern to go by. Those who have done seat covers and full interior redos, if you had a pattern to go buy, do you still have it? I'm thinking of at least redoing my seats. What tips do you have, i'd rather not pay a lot of money to get them done by a shop if i can do them cheaper. TIPS AND ADVICE ARE WELCOMED AND BEGGED FOR :bow:. thanks for any help.

-Nolan

86hatchbackLXi
03-18-2003, 06:53 PM
instead of redoing them, why not go to a junkyard and find some new seats. unless your looking to do some crazy interior

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-19-2003, 04:58 AM
i wouldn't say crazy, just different. hehe

-Nolan

pearldrop
03-19-2003, 07:58 AM
You use your old seat covers as a pattern. After you take them completely apart, you just trace the pattern onto the new material and sew it back together. Make sure you fix all the foam on the seats before you put them back together. Sounds easy doesn't it? Good luck.

jigga89SEi
03-22-2003, 02:28 PM
As a matter of fact I'm doing that right now............Sewing it together now...........I'm mean I took a break to type but................Anyways I'm hand sewing I wish I had a machine it would make it alot faster and look a littler better..........I just finished the flip down part of the back seat. I'm working on the bench seat now..........I'll post pics as soon as I can.........Pearl is correct that is how I'm doing it..........but what I did was cut only half of the seat apart.............I leaft the other side together to have something to compare it to............it looks pretty good.......but if you look for the fuck ups they're there......But at a distance it looks great................I'm going to redo it when I borrow my aunts machine......but the interior was really bad so I'm doing it for practice........I used boat vynle (how ever u spell it). But if you have any other ??'s just ask.....

Y3G
03-23-2003, 01:28 PM
It's just what pearl said.God I learned how to sew the hard way.If your doing vinyls get a heavy duty sewing machine. i had to pay $300 to get my moms fixed after i burnt it out