PDA

View Full Version : carb dirty

Accordie
03-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Can someone show me how to clean the carb correctly, using the carb spray? I usually let my uncle clean the carb but he's on holidays now and i remebered slightly where he rev's the engine up while spraying it directed into those holes or something in the carb? I think its gettin dirty cause its starting to stall again. Is that what u do? Can someone give me details on how to clean it properly?

Neuspeed87lx
03-18-2003, 08:42 PM
acually i think on the can it says to have the engine off.... thats how i do it ... have the car off.... and the air cleaner cover thingy off ... spary it into the hole with that gold mesh screen over it...let the car sit for 5 min.... then start it

A20A1
03-18-2003, 08:56 PM
You do it while the car is running and when the car is off... when the car is off the cleaner is most effective because it has time to go to work on the stuck on gunk... after that you run the engine so the air flow sucks in the gunk... you rev the engine because the carb cleaner bogs the motor so you need to keep the revs up so you don't stall... it also could be to get more of the gunk off with more air flow.

Accordie
03-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Cool, thanks alot A20A1 and Neuspeed. Car is running smooth again.

89AccordLXI666
03-21-2003, 09:32 PM
Damn I need to get some carb cleaner, I bet i will get better excelleration out of it if I clean the good ol carb up with that carb cleaner sh** huh. Well i guess I'll be running to the auto store tomorrow to buy some carb cleaner and get to work on it... Thanks guys, Lataz