PDA

View Full Version : Gas smell?!?!?!?!?

cdscowboy
03-19-2003, 11:01 AM
I was going out to lunch with my dad the other day and he noticed a very strong gas smell coming from my car. I guess I had just gotten used to it or something, but once he said something, I could totally smell it.

We knelt down and looked under the car and tried to see if we could see any gas dripping out, but neither of us saw anything. So I'm thinking it's something under the hood. Maybe a leak near the fuel filter?? I haven't checked much of anything under the hood, but do you guys have any clue? Has anyone else had this problem??? I don't want to take it to Honda cause they'll just rape me and tell my my car needs even more work (which I know). Cash reserves are short!! Damn college!! Anyway, let me know if you guys have any suggestions please...thanks!

Mantis88LX
03-19-2003, 11:25 AM
engine could just be running rich, mine does alot and i smell gas

AccordEpicenter
03-19-2003, 01:17 PM
check your fuel injectors, mine are starting to leak and i smell gas

cdscowboy
03-19-2003, 01:19 PM
I don't think my car is running rich...the smell isn't coming from the rear. My injectors have some crap around them...I'm sure I need to get new ones, but they've been like that for a while, so you'd think I'd notice the smell at an earlier time. I called Honda and they said check the connections to the fuel filter cause they can get loosened sometimes.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Any others are appreciated :)

Grant2k
03-19-2003, 01:28 PM
i have heard from other 3g owners before my days on this board that the smell is common and there's nothing you can really do.

Einstein
03-19-2003, 04:01 PM
I had the same problem, a new gas cap fixed it.

ACCORD EX
03-20-2003, 05:15 AM
how does the car run ? gas milage ?

MIKE

cdscowboy
03-20-2003, 01:10 PM
I'll check the fuel filter, and maybe invest in a gas cap. The car runs pretty decent...no misses or anything like that. Sometimes it doesn't readily start, but that's 'cause of the starter. My gas mileage is about normal, as far as I can estimate. I dunno...thanks fellas! :wave:

ACCORD EX
03-21-2003, 01:50 AM
i wouldn't worry !

MIKE

buzzbomber88lx
03-21-2003, 12:12 PM
feelin pretty good after smeelin all them fumes??? lol j/k

buzzbomber88lx
03-21-2003, 12:13 PM
it posted twice. stupid me.:wave:

DBMaster
03-21-2003, 07:19 PM
It is probably the injectors leaking. This topic comes up again and again and again on this board. If you see any wetness, stains, etc. where the injectors enter the intake you have leaky injectors.

They are neither difficult or very expensive to replace.