PDA

View Full Version : Crusie conked out

carobotics
05-29-2002, 12:59 PM
Well, last nov. when my 5th gear let go (completly different story) I also lost my cruise control. I was doing bout 110km on the highway (bout 65mph) and a semi passed me going the other direction. A huge gust of wind from the semi jolted my car. I was using cruise at the time. When the gust hit me all of a sudden it felt like I grabed the stick(its a standard) and pulled it into nuetral. The car redlined until I figured out what happened and had sense enough to touch the brake and disengage the cruise. It wasn't long. Thing is, fifth gear had let go, I didn't actually put it in nuetral, it was like it was in nuetral even though it was in 5th. I tried putting it in 5th, but nothing. So I drove home in 4th. I tried cruise in forth a couple days later, and nothing at all. I hit the set button, slowly pull my foot off the gas, and nothing. The green cruise light doesn't come on. I thought maybe it was a blown fuse, but no, the fuse is good. All the fuses are good.
So I don't know what to do or what to look for. Can somebody give me a hand please.
thank-you.

89accordtre
06-04-2002, 11:58 AM
I have somewhat of the same problem. My criuse control is completly shot. All the fuses are good, and my light does turn on but when i set and let of the gas it just decreases. So im trying to figure how i could just take the thing out. Its not doing me anygood.

HondaGuy32
05-29-2003, 04:13 PM
My cruise control does somewhat the same thing it hasn't worked since I bought the car. The old cruise control computer unit was burnt out, I went and got another one and it still doesn't work. Now the blue light comes on in the new one I got but it didn't in the other but the red light saying cruise won't come on in my dash, I checked all fuses and still no go. I have the haynes manual and it doesn't say jack about cruise control except it's too complicated to discuss.

wallyyfm
06-02-2003, 08:40 AM
they're red and blue? both of the cruise lights in my LX are green

HondaGuy32
06-02-2003, 08:45 AM
I really actually can't say what color the one should be inside my dash because it has never worked:( hehe and the light I have on my little box is really more of a green blue.