PDA

View Full Version : Beware of deady throttle return springs!

A20A1
04-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Goddamn retun spring was under full tension... I nudged it and it slipped and sliced a mega chunk out of my finger... blood was squirting all over... I ended up placing my thumb over the wound for 7mins and the pressure slowed the bleeding to a small leak...
I went to the gas station and gave the lady ten dollars and my first scab came off and it started to bleed again... she thought that she cut me when she grabbed the 10. :)

hmm, maybe this was better in off topic :confused:

Don87LX
04-29-2002, 09:00 PM
I feel your pain. Had my bigger mr gasket return spring slip and fish-hook the skin between my thumb and pointer. you wanna talk about a blue streak...

njpeter
05-01-2002, 04:38 AM
some of my favorites were from sheer stupidity.

biggest was from a heater flap control wire, right between the thumb and the first finger. Should have spent the $50. Neat looking scar

I did get smarter..my mower is really trying to hurt me..hate those pull start motors. Off to the shop it goes. I admit defeat for $200 rather then have to nurse a recoil start engine wound..damm thing tried to first pull my hand off( backfire) then the handle whipped around and gave me a beauty on the forearm.

Not healing that fast anymore either :-(

still have all the fingers however, so I consider myself kinda lucky.

CoAsTeR
05-01-2002, 05:48 AM
No No, this is the dumbest of em' all ;)
My car had a hard start in the morning, I was dumping quickstart down the carb to get her to go. Anyways, I was outta quickstart one day so I used 30% Nitro glow fuel from my RC Airplane, well I guess I added to much and my head was over the carb when it was starting and well.......... its tough to explain to everyone you meet as to why you have no eyebrows....... DOH! :)
They grew back after awhile though heheheheheh....

Can you say BaCkFiRe?!?! :(

CoAsTeR

Don87LX
05-01-2002, 06:34 AM
AHAHAHAA. Well a couple days ago, I was adjusting my carb and like normal I laid my arm on the valve cover and leand down except my dumb-ass sorta forgot I have run the car for two hours before that.

ssssssssssssssssss........."FUUUUUUUCK"