PDA

View Full Version : Custom kit project

YK86
03-19-2003, 08:32 PM
It's now official. I have to scrap this project. There were 2 main factors involved in this decision.

The main one was I was out of time. The 88 Accord was presold to a family friend and the date we set for the transfer was first week of March. The shop was taking forever to get anything done and with a bunch of things I needed to fix on it before the sale, I really had to get it home. I ended up delaying the sale to this week but I felt bad because I promised it for an earlier date.

The second reason is the shop had gone from good to bad. I was confident the shop was reliable after hearing all the good things about them. They also did a bunch of CF hood and body kit group buys and everyone was happy. But that changed at the end of last month. The leadhand quit after a fight with the owner, and the owner was having some sort of family problems. The owner kept telling me to come down to checkout the skirts and stuff and everytime I went at the time he told me to come, he wasn't there. That happend 3 times and each time required a 1 hr round trip which was extremly frustrating with my busy schedule. I'm actually glad it happened earlier than later with much less money involved (ie group buy). I'm out some money now (doesn't want to give me a refund) and have nothing to show for it (doesn't want to give me the so call finished skirts either). He did have one side done and it looked pretty good. I don't know what his problem is but unfortunately, he is definelty not into his work anymore.

So I apologize to you guys for not being able to get this complete and starting the hype about it. This is still something I would like to get made in the future but until a better shop comes around, I don't think it's going to happen.

guaynabo89
03-19-2003, 09:44 PM
At least try to get the parts that you paid for.

At least you tried to get something done which is alot more than most people do.:)

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-20-2003, 05:31 AM
agreed. you did pay for those parts right? then i dont think he can legally withhold them from you. at least you tried man, and we appreciate the work you put into getting it done.

-Nolan

xbi0s
03-20-2003, 07:39 AM
If not, contact the better business bureau.. You'll see some action then