PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt into *high end* components

goldyaccord
03-19-2003, 08:55 PM
After browsing some of the Audio Forums.....

I decided to get one 10 Aidare Brahma Sub and a Zapco class D amp.

Any naysayers?

I have to find the best prices for these now......

goldyaccord
03-19-2003, 09:43 PM
I got some info on the Adire Brahma's.....

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/Brahmaseries.htm

ANyone know of a cheaper price?

AccordEpicenter
03-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Thats a killer combo, it should be excellent for sq and be pretty loud too

bobafett
03-19-2003, 10:21 PM
you are a fucking crazy man!

but go for it, we'll see if i can hear it from washington!?>!

goldyaccord
03-19-2003, 11:39 PM
well, chris...

how about i come up there and just turn it on at your place to make sure you can hear it :D

I wont be buying this setup probly for a few months OR after I get another car. I'm also interested in a set of CDT midrange component set. Would that fit the doors without hitting the windows or the basket? then gosh, I'll have to get an amp to power those.... oh Lord, I got alot of money to save...

I also am looking into Eclipse or Alpine deck :D

86hatchbackLXi
03-20-2003, 06:54 PM
i have never heard of those subs, but they look pretty good (the specs do anyways) and ive heard great things about zapco amps so you should have a nice setup. save that money and get those installed! oh yeah and look into a pioneer premier deck

n88accordLX-i
03-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Good stuff :super:

shepherd79
03-21-2003, 03:37 PM
are you planning to compete in SPL with this setup?

goldyaccord
03-21-2003, 11:15 PM
In a way yes.

I want a real good system to have for a long time. I'm into alot of different music. the brahmas should handle any music I throw at it. I had to deal with having to adjust my settings so much to get the right sound with different music..... I want a really clear and quality sound at high levels... therefore that's why I'm also looking at CDT, Rainbow speaker components.. they are around 300-400 a set. I forget. I want to get it right the first time around instead of upgrading every few months becuase I wanted more of this and that...

i figured just get it done right the first time and save alittle money...

87DXHatch
04-04-2003, 05:31 PM
goldy, you're finally going with a Brahma!? SWEET DEAL! :D

You should be pleased as punch with that Zapco amp... but it isn't necessary... you could go with a cheaper quality amp that puts out the same power and just buy an external crossover to give it a little help...

How come a Brahma 10? Why not a 12? ........or the 15? :D

As for the CDTs... I've heard that the response they give is very flat, which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your tastes. Have you counted out Focals for those? Or if you really have some cash to drop, Adire Kodas are supposed to sound better than the $700 Focals for about $300.

Let us know your next step! :D

goldyaccord
04-06-2003, 08:49 PM
I want 10's becuase it's enuf power for me. no need to do twelves unless i want the extra SPL or something.

I'll check out the koda's....

jigga225
04-06-2003, 11:26 PM
if you ave spac, I will go for the 12's man. the output will be better.
the adires are great speakers. nit at around 350 a speaker, I dunno man. But its up to you .. I know one thing, you wont be dissapointed.

AccordEpicenter
04-07-2003, 04:48 AM
those should be very loud... the linear excursion on any of the brahmas is not to be believed, its insane. It has to be seen to be believed

goldyaccord
04-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
those should be very loud... the linear excursion on any of the brahmas is not to be believed, its insane. It has to be seen to be believed

That's why I'm getting them.