PDA

View Full Version : WTF engine noise

T's87lx
03-19-2003, 08:56 PM
alright, this is really pissin me off:rant: ,when my amps are hooked up to my highs, i get a really loud winding sound and i cant figure it out, ive changed my grounds still there, ive moved all rca's to the opisite side of the power so it is now power on passenger side, rca's on driver, stiill does it, tryed grounding the deck somewhere else still does it, i even put supressors on it, took some i mean SOME of the noise out but...it still does it. i dont know what else to do, ive tried everything that i know, if any of u guys can help i would appreciate it.

Strahan
03-19-2003, 10:03 PM
First thing to do is track down the culprit. Start with the system as basic as possible. First check pull the speaker cables from the amplifier output and connect to an external audio source. Next check reconnect them to the amplifier but mute the inputs. Next check connect an external source to the amplifier inputs. Next check play with grounds. There are some good writeups on this floating around the net. Here is an excellent site to check: http://www.autosound2000.com/TechBriefsPage/Noise.html Good luck.

AccordEpicenter
03-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Honestly, i bet your rcas suck. What kind are they?

T's87lx
03-19-2003, 10:28 PM
my rac's are brand new tsnumi double sheilded, speaker wire is new including subs, but im goin to try a noise difuser for the power wire for highs and subs, but im pretty sure that the decks resistor is blown to, so im going to probably take it back whenever i get my other deck back, thank anyways...:barf: :flipa: damn!

AccordEpicenter
03-22-2003, 11:05 PM
what kind of amp are you hooking up, also what kind of deck do you have?

T's87lx
03-23-2003, 11:45 PM
the amp is a coustic 320, running to my highs, and the deck is a pos panasonic that will be replaced by a pioneer 6400, i have no clue where it is coming from because i get a buzz noise when i turn the ignition on and sometimes when the lights are on, its really weird, i know its the deck because this is the second panosonic but the stereo shop i bought it from wont swap out a new one so im goin to put a panosonic in that i had, and see if it does it witch im pretty sure it will. so....if it does i will probably change the spark plug wires and see if that will help. if not...i dont know any advice would be helpful

shepherd79
03-24-2003, 03:55 AM
try changing spark plugs themselfs. they have resistors inside of them that supposed to prevent noise.

AccordEpicenter
03-24-2003, 02:55 PM
yeah also if your wires are bad or cheap they can do it too. Also is your radio condenser hooked up and working (little black cube beside the coil)

T's87lx
03-24-2003, 06:46 PM
just got my pioneer back today:) not a single freakin noise just clean sound,:cool: i dont no what the hell was goin on with that pos panasonic i had but im glad im gettin rid of it, thanx for all the advice though

AccordEpicenter
03-24-2003, 09:10 PM
I ran my power with my rcas and they arent very good rcas, and you hear 0 engine whine... Pioneer decks kick ass

89 Accords Rock
04-23-2003, 08:51 AM
just reground your stereo and your amps.