PDA

View Full Version : White Face Gauges

crwa
03-19-2003, 09:11 PM
I installed my white face gauges, tonight. I ordered the set made for the automatics, and they are so bad ass. I set them to glow blue and the are the thing I needed to finish my interior. I haven't seen them in the day light yet, but i will tomorrow. They fit perfectly, and it only took like 10 minutes to hook up and wire in, it took longer to take the dash apart then it did to get the gauges up and running.

if anyone, as these and needs help hookin them up, let me know, I'm sure i can help you out.

blazin3gen
03-19-2003, 09:13 PM
i need u to answer me a question, how hard were these to put on?? or on a scale 1-10? 10 being easy

crwa
03-19-2003, 09:19 PM
10 being easy... there a 7, but I can do anything electrical. the hardest part is hidden all the wires, not because there's alot, they are long so there's some extra to tuck away.

Mike89Accordcom
03-20-2003, 01:03 AM
Mine weren't too bad to put in. I'd say a 5 out of 10, and 10 being hard. You have to be SO careful with the needles. They are so sensitive. My gas guage is still fucked up.

cdscowboy
03-20-2003, 02:20 AM
Yeah, my gas guage is screwed too. I have to go by mileage now! Is there some way to take off the needles? It's too late for me, but it could help someone else to know....

MrBen
03-20-2003, 02:39 AM
Yeah live and learn I guess.

I'm off to bed, shit, it's almost 3:00am.

blazin3gen
03-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Cowboy get a new Cluster! :flip:

Strahan
03-20-2003, 09:21 AM
When you replace the gauges, are the faces single and removable pieces from the cluster (i.e. one piece for speedo, one piece for tach, etc) or is it one big piece you replace?

crwa
03-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Each guage is individual. they go over the existing black guages, and attach with the screws and the bezel. My gas gauge is a little off, but it was before it would say empty and I'd still have like a 1/4 of a tank. I don't know about the temp needle, though, I haven't had the car on long enought to get warm yet.

crwa
03-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Nevermind, the temp. needle works fine, the gauges are so dope, if you have an auto. you need these!!!!

blazin3gen
03-20-2003, 09:54 AM
wtf i just noticed somethin my gauge cluster in my car is a Manual Cluster but i have an auto WTF? guess i could get the Manual ones then

Mike's89AccordLX
03-20-2003, 09:58 AM
That's weird. Maybe someone replaced the cluster before I didn't notice.

Strahan
03-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Can you take the original factory faces out? I ask because in my Galant the original faces can be individually removed so I took them out, scanned them and made new ones in Photoshop then replaced em:

http://www.galants.com/pics/gauges.jpg

Be cool to do the same with an Accord.

HondaBoy
03-22-2003, 11:49 PM
yep, ive got my ghetto-fied white faced gauges. not in yet. i got them from Paul. too bad he wrecked the aerodeck:( . well thanks to him i have some gauges to insert. i think i will take the black off the originals and put those behind. i didnt even print them on fancy paper but they came out so good my friend thought i had got them ordered or sumtin. lol. well maybe i should experiment with taking those needles off with a gauge cluster at the junk yard? then i wouldnt fuck up mine.