PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Carb Adj

ericn33
03-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey

I have a 88 lx accord. It has developed a problem with the idle. When the car is started it will not drop below 2000-2500 rpm until the engine gets up to its regular temperature. Once it gets hot enough(after 5-10 min) the idle drops to normal(after i tap the pedal) and the engine runs fine. I have looked at the idle screw and it is set correctly. I believe there is something forcing the throttle to stay open until an even occurs. I think it might be the a/c boost thing but im not sure. If anyone has any suggestions it would help.

Also, i failed emissions any tricks to pass.

ericn33
03-20-2003, 12:44 AM
yea i saw others post same thing. There has to be some sort of adjustment. I could understand 1500 idle but 2500 is too much. There has to be something that can be done. Does this happen on every carb accord? If it dont, why does it happen on mine.

A20A1
03-20-2003, 12:57 AM
Yes it does.. the fast idle is between 2,000 - 3,000 rpms... thiis is to warm the engine up.

You can adjust the fast idle... but the srew is at the rear of the carb... and no the A/C idle boost diaphragm it not the reason you are getting the high idle.