PDA

View Full Version : dimming lights ?

accordracerlx-i
05-29-2002, 04:37 PM
i have 3 10in mtx audio subz and a 760watt x-plod amp and whenever my base hits my lites are like strobes and they dimm pretty bad should i but a cap or .... ? what do you reccomend.:confused:

TeKKnoTeKK
05-29-2002, 05:19 PM
I would recommend a better ground....mine used to do the same thing then I regrounded and it stopped. Make sure your ground is the same guage as your power wire. Make sure you are grounding right to the frame and that there is no paint between. I grounded mine right to the frame but I had some paint in the way, once I completely scraped the paint away the problem went away completely. I doubt you need a cap.

Jerren
05-29-2002, 05:45 PM
i was gonna suggest a bass cap but i'm not that educated on audio. if you got a lot of aftermarket electronics and stuff going on in your car, you may want to start thinking new battery

TeKKnoTeKK
05-29-2002, 07:02 PM
You don't need a bigger battery or a cap unless you are running some serious wattage....My amp is 800+ watts (Fosgate 800.4) and my stock battery handles the wattage nicely, then again I am only using half my amp for the subs so that may be why also.

Jerren
05-29-2002, 07:07 PM
i didn't say a bigger battery. i meant another battery. in addition to the one he already has. but that was just a suggestion if he is running a light show from his car with tv's and video games and shit.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-29-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Jerren
i didn't say a bigger battery. i meant another battery. in addition to the one he already has. but that was just a suggestion if he is running a light show from his car with tv's and video games and shit.

lol nate would be the one to ask about that shit. I wouldn't be surprised if that kid tried to find a way to put a hot tub in his accord lol.

AccordChemist
05-29-2002, 08:23 PM
hot tub!? that would get dangerous... :eek: