PDA

View Full Version : Please identify this part....

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-20-2003, 03:19 PM
As many of you already know Paul Aerodeck86 has been involved in a collision where the front of his Aerodeck was damaged. Right now he is compiling a list of parts the need replacement and cannot identify one of the primary ones. If you can, please identify the outlined part by its official or at least assumed name.

http://www.pauldesign.ru/photos/honda102.jpg

Your help and opinions on this matter are greately appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

3axap.

Paul Aerodeck86
03-20-2003, 03:25 PM
I thank you all in advance guys!

And special thanks to '89AccordLX(Rus) for the help with translating my messages!

MrBen
03-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Is it the same as on an 88LX?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-20-2003, 03:43 PM
It should be identical to any model of the third generation Accords. I think I may have found the answer here:

Answer (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1986&catcgry3=4DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BULKHEAD-WHEELHOUSE)

Tell me if I am wrong though.

3axap.

MrBen
03-20-2003, 03:45 PM
buzzbomber88lx would have that part, he is parting out his Accord. I would suggest contacting him!

By the way that looks like it on that website. WOW that is expensive...

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Sadly Paul cannot simply buy the part from America. Right now he is compiling a list so that he would know what exactly he needs by name and not by a vague description of the part. Thanks for the information anyway. :D Wow, this topic is unfolding pretty fast. Thank you again. Seems like the "part" is in fact several different parts.

3axap.

MrBen
03-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Sorry, I forgot! I am sure that is the part pictured. I'm guessing it would be best to buy new anyway, due to all the brackets and other factors involed. Sorry to hear about your car Paul!

offthahook
03-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by '89AccordLX(Rus)
It should be identical to any model of the third generation Accords. I think I may have found the answer here:

Answer (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1986&catcgry3=4DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BULKHEAD-WHEELHOUSE)

Tell me if I am wrong though.

3axap.

You are correct. Street slang for said part is "core support" or "radiator support".

ACCORD EX
03-21-2003, 02:00 AM
to i dentify all parts with part numbers !
check www.slhhondaparts.com

for body parts ! www.autobodyparts.com !

good luck Paul ! :(

MIKE

wprocomp
03-21-2003, 10:48 AM
I had to replace that core support when I wrecked my car too,have fun getting it off.....its a real pain.I uased a chisel,long flatblade screwdriver and took all thode tiny tack welds off,a saw blade will help too.I got my core support from a place called Certifit,it cost $72.75 and is a repoduction of the OEM honda peice,quality seems about the same too.......part #HDAC50F0.I hope this helps good luck!

buzzbomber88lx
03-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks Ben. I do have that part and it is in good shape. Havent gotten it off but It is ready to come off. Guess I could do that. Is everything in that diagram you need? trust me I do have it all. My car was straight and it would be cheaper to buy from me than buy new. Make an offer.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-21-2003, 12:15 PM
Well, you see, Paul is the one in need of the part. Because he is in Russia, shipping the part(s) to him would be very expensive. Paul is simply going to try and find a donor car in Europe and get the parts from there. Thanks for the offer however. :D

3axap.

buzzbomber88lx
03-21-2003, 12:18 PM
no problem. it would be perty pricey to ship to russia. good luck paul.

Paul Aerodeck86
03-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys!
I hope i will buy all parts for my car on next weekend.

djsbon
03-21-2003, 01:30 PM
dzien dobry, pon! (if paul knows a little polish..)

i once heard it refered to as the "bridge" when i was walking in philly.

-grey the stinky shmuck smurf

markmdz89hatch
03-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
to i dentify all parts with part numbers !
check www.slhhondaparts.com

for body parts ! www.autobodyparts.com !

good luck Paul ! :(

MIKE

Mikey Mike, that autobody url seems to be wrong b/c I'm getting a page cannot be displayed. Either that, or the site's down, and that'd suck shit through a tube.

ACCORD EX
03-22-2003, 05:00 AM
oh sorry i got it all wrong !
here you go !

http://www.honda-auto-body-parts.com/

MIKE