PDA

View Full Version : new sound system

johndej
03-20-2003, 04:49 PM
alright, my bro got me a set of those $15 (on sale,i think they are norm $19) walmart box speaker sets. its got 2 little subs and 2 tweeters in it. well, all its got on the back is 2 little spots where you insert the wires (like on the back of in home speakers). does anyone know what i have to do to hook these up? just run the wires from the rear speakers to the box instead of the ones i've got? or do i need an amp (someone said i don't) and run wires off of my deck (sony CDx-CA400) and too it. oh well, i'll look at it tomorrow to see what i can do.

86hatchbackLXi
03-20-2003, 06:47 PM
you dont need an amp, you can run it off your head unit. the question is why would you do that to yourself?

johndej
03-20-2003, 06:50 PM
well, i just got it and don't know much about sterio stuff. as i said my bro gave it to me and i don't know what to do w/ it other than try to put it in my car if it sounds good.

86hatchbackLXi
03-20-2003, 07:04 PM
you would be much better off getting a 4 chanel amp and replacing the speakers you have. they are 6 1/2s. look for a 50w x4 amp to power them and you will have some good sound and you can add a sub later. that box is cheap and wont sound good at all.