PDA

View Full Version : struts

88accordlxi
03-20-2003, 09:35 PM
im getting all new struts for my car, to go with my 2.25 in. sprint springs drop. what are the best brands?

Jims 86LXI HB
03-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 88accordlxi
im getting all new struts for my car, to go with my 2.25 in. sprint springs drop. what are the best brands?

Unfortunately it's not "brands" it's brand. KONI,...period.

Now other strut you can get for the accord comes close to offering the amount of control you need for stiffer lowering springs. The tokico H.P.'s, Kyb GR-2's or even the Bilstien H.D.'s DO NOT have what it takes to perform acceptably with stiffer lowering springs, frankly thier makers don't intend for them to be used that way. Don't let yourself fall for the false allure of cheaper struts, don't settle for things that would get a honda suspension engineer fired, you and your car deserve better.

If you don't care how the car rides and drives, just get the brand you trust the most, but why anyone would put up with the ride is beyond me.

BTW, your question was pretty much answered in the post above yours called, "so you want to lower your car". Look for the post's that say important in blue.

Oh, Bilstein H.D.'s are a excellent strut,.....once their revalved.

Jims 86LXI HB
03-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Ah, found this post you participated(ms) in that has replies from myself and other members that relates to the topic.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14680

I don't think the need to revalve applies to the sprints. I'd sure do it, but I don't know if I could justify that for anyone else.