PDA

View Full Version : Jets for factory Carb?

myaccord7
03-20-2003, 09:56 PM
does anyone know if there are jets for a factory carb, or any that might fit? or are they all for webers? i what to keep my factory carb but loss all the vac lines, just looking for jets and a lightweight flywheel now. thanks

zach:stick:

Mike's89AccordLX
03-20-2003, 09:59 PM
I think you have to drill yours out dude. You're better off buying a Weber if you can afford $300.

A20A1
03-20-2003, 10:56 PM
nope the only jet you can change easily is the air correction jet... you can go from a 65 to a 60 and that will give you a little more gas.

But you'll have to find a 60 air correction on a stock carb that has one... if you already have a 60 then don't worry about it.

The next step would be to drill the main jets
block the accelerator pump bleed cannal and polish the barrels.
I'm working on a few newer mods but at the moment I'm in need of a spare top hat since my drilling went a bit too far.
If you drill the jets chances are you'll need to use the air jet controller since a 60 air correctiojn jet is too small for a larger main... you can add a 100 air correction jet by doing a few things to the top hat gasket and running a vacuum line from one port on the carb to the other. i won't go into detail at the moment.

shepherd79
03-21-2003, 03:33 AM
mike if you need top hat i can give you one. i have two spare carbs at the moment that i don't use. PM if you want it.

myaccord7
03-22-2003, 12:47 AM
how do i drill them out. do i just "drill" them out or do i have to do anything special?how much bigger sould i make the hole? on the carb!

zach

A20A1
03-22-2003, 01:58 AM
well you can't just drill the hole larger... and it's fairly hard to find drill bits in the size you need. I would hold off on it for a while unless you feel confident enough to tackle the job yourself.

shepherd79
03-22-2003, 02:20 AM
i drilled my primary jet to 1.2mm.
it does nicely.
i have my old carb redrilled to 1.6 primary and 1.8 secondary and it was way too much.
I think stock secondary is 1.6
do a search on redrilling the carb and you will find some good info mike gave me.

A20A1
03-22-2003, 02:30 AM
Really, I totally forgot I posted it... I though it was all over AOL IM.
hmm
I'll go and look too then. :D

It's a bit messy but i merged a few of the thread's
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5086