PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is a carb problem

rideredorgohome
03-21-2003, 06:11 AM
Ok, so recently here in Canada the temp went from absolutely freezing to reasonable spring weather this past Monday. Car was running great until then, but now it occaisionally wants to idle at 100rpm (not 1000, 100). This seems to be an intermittent problem, and only happens at a stop light, not upon intitial starting. Otherwise car runs great! Any suggestions as to what this is?:huh: :sadwave:

rideredorgohome
03-21-2003, 06:12 AM
I frogot to mention that from 100rpm it wants to stall and I gotta keep on the throttle to stop it from doing so.

ACCORD EX
03-21-2003, 09:52 AM
well this problem was discussed before ! but we really didn't get a straigt answer! hope we do this time ! :)

MIKE

buzzbomber88lx
03-21-2003, 11:06 AM
sounds like it could be an idle problem in your carb. either that or a vacuum problem. I dont know.

Kong
03-22-2003, 05:53 PM
I've got the same problem with my '87 LX.... It was fine last week and now that it's warm it like to stall, I've gotta keep reving it at traffic lights. I'm going to try re-setting up the carb

Originally posted by rideredorgohome
Ok, so recently here in Canada the temp went from absolutely freezing to reasonable spring weather this past Monday. Car was running great until then, but now it occaisionally wants to idle at 100rpm (not 1000, 100). This seems to be an intermittent problem, and only happens at a stop light, not upon intitial starting. Otherwise car runs great! Any suggestions as to what this is?:huh: :sadwave:

Dutchboy
03-22-2003, 07:28 PM
add some water seperater to the gas tank and check the fuel filters....

Last year when i went across canada to winnipeg i filled up at a gas station and not less than 100km after filling up the car would not hold idle at all.....i drove through towns using the ebrake to stop so i could keep it running.......After i checked out every possible casue I filled up with gas again and it stopped after that...Crap gas and alot of moisture in the tank could cause it to run bad

shepherd79
03-23-2003, 05:51 AM
it is eather something in your gas or you have major vacuum leak.

meohmy01
03-23-2003, 06:11 AM
mine does the same thing. i couldn't find a vacum leak and my gas is brand new. so im suspecting the fuel pump. i need to get a fuel pressure tester.

Dutchboy
03-23-2003, 08:45 AM
brand new gas doenst mean anything though,,,,,some outlets have shitty gas full of water...Im not saying its the gas but its a good place to start checking stuff.....to make a car run you need spark, air and gas so knock gas off the list and you got 2 left to check

BEn

rehv_Aerodeck86
03-23-2003, 01:08 PM
i had the same problem too lately. it started when the gas tank cap rusted off could it be some rust and other shit fell in the tank and jammed the filter?

DanG86LX
03-23-2003, 03:45 PM
Proly the water in the tank is.. ice during freezing season. Once over freezing point, it find its way to carb.

rehv_Aerodeck86>>> i had the same problem too lately. it started when the gas tank cap rusted off...
check here (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6533)

rehv_Aerodeck86
03-23-2003, 05:59 PM
thx :)