PDA

View Full Version : Digital gauges in 3gees?

thegreatdane
03-21-2003, 10:25 AM
I was reading the shop manual from paulīs website and noticed three different gauges. The Nippon seiki, one i cant remember right now and a digital gauge. So my question is, were digital gauges available for 3gees from the factory or am i just daydreamin? :rolleyes:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Digital gauges were available from the factory in Japan. USDM Accords cannot have these gauges due to lack of proper electrical harnesses.

3axap.

thegreatdane
03-21-2003, 11:51 AM
What about the european Accord then? I havent quite understood yet, are there three models? An american, an european and a japanese or are there two models, an american and a japanese/european?

MrBen
03-21-2003, 11:57 AM
I don't know, but I think there are three.

All I know is mine is Japanese.

thegreatdane
03-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Do you have flip-ups?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-21-2003, 12:23 PM
in America there are three basic body styles:

Sedan, Coupe, and Hatchback. All of these have flip up lights.

In Europe and Japan there were also the Aerodeck models. These still had the flip up lights (European and JDM). Now the Sedan/Coupe versions in Europe came mixed with either flip-up lights or the fixed ones. In Japan, only the fixed lights were available for the sedan/coupe.(Correct me if I am wrong).

Ok, now only the JDM Accord received the digital gauges. IN addition to that, in Japan, the 3G was available with Electronic Climate Control!!! (In 1986) This option also never made it to the American and European models.

Hope this helped.

3axap.

thegreatdane
03-21-2003, 12:45 PM
So JDM accords were available in japan only, and that would make digital gauges out of the question for my european accord? Im a bit messed up here i guess...

MrBen
03-21-2003, 12:50 PM
Unless I am mistaken, flip ups were available in Japan.

MrBen
03-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Look on your car and see where it was manufactured. What does it say?

thegreatdane
03-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Its a JHM, and if i got the chassis code right its from the sayama plant.

PhydeauX
03-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Dig through paul's shop manual and compair it to the non digital schematics to figure out what you'll need besides the cluster. It'll work you just need more then the cluster.

andy

thegreatdane
03-21-2003, 01:37 PM
Ill probably do that, yeah. I just need to know about how many basic models made, two or three?

RCracer
03-21-2003, 02:09 PM
There were only two body styles of 3rd gen accord available in the UK.
We got the AERODECK with flip up lights and A20a (both carb and efi) engines with either auto or manual tranny. Three trim levels DX, EX, EXi

The other type was the accord 4 door which was available as a DX, EX, EXi (with a20a engine carb or efi with auto or manual tranny) with the fixed type (non flip up headlamps) and JDM rear lamps, and some other small JDM parts (no climate control or digital speedos) plus the accord 4 door was also available with the B20a (B20a2 or B20a7 to be totally correct) with 16vlv DOHC (it was called the accord 2.0i-16) it was EFI with manual tranny only (no automatics). It had a different speedo to the A20a engined cars (145mph speedo and diferant tach) but sadly it didnt have the digital speedo. It has fixed headlamps (with wash wipe system) and JDM tail lamps

All EFI accords (EXi and 2.0i-16) in the UK got rear disc brake and ABS (anti lock brakes).

thegreatdane
03-22-2003, 03:42 AM
Ok, same as in DK only we also had the hatchback/glassback. Thanks for your posts guys. I think ill probably be looking in to something else than digital gauges though (I probably wouldnt ever find one anyway), maybe rear disc's or somthin :toilet:

ACCORD EX
03-22-2003, 05:27 AM
my car has A20A2 ( european made in japan ) and it doesn't have digital gauges !

but i saw one before ( it was for sale ) with A20A2 and digital ! :rolleyes:

MIKE