PDA

View Full Version : Front fog lights

Oz87Si
03-21-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm considering getting 2 for the front lower grill...the parking lights on my accord are dim as anything, and there are times when you dont want the full lights, but you want a little bit.

When you find them and get them, are they easy to install etc?

I'm not very good at doing electrical stuff in general, but does that make a difference?

Thanks boys

MrBen
03-21-2003, 07:04 PM
I found it easy to uninstall them on my friend's car. Guess it depends on your definition of easy. I'm lazy and don't like doing stuff that is too much work. I installed those stupid washer lights and that was really simple.

The electrical part of it shouldnt be too hard. I would imagine finding a way to get the wires to your switch inside might be an experience, but you can go through your firewall or go through your doorjamb and feed it through that black gasket thing on the end of the dash. It's simple enough.

Welcome to the board!

danronian
03-22-2003, 09:28 PM
There is a post on here somewhere about installing them, just search and you'll get lots of info.

dXsquared
03-22-2003, 09:57 PM
it would be easiest to get a remote control unit... NO RUNNING SWITCHES! plus you can turn the lights on to find your car

Travis

MrBen
03-22-2003, 10:00 PM
No shit you can do that? How much?

dXsquared
03-22-2003, 10:04 PM
like 30 bucks
at walmart.. well they are here anyway

Travis

86hatchbackLXi
03-22-2003, 10:48 PM
i dont think the remote unit is such a good ide. what if you leave them on accidently?? then youll be jumping your car. if you wire them up with a relay they will only turn on when the car is running. there should be empty slots in your fuse box for this anyways

AvgWhtMale
03-23-2003, 09:37 PM
I just bought a pair of Rally fog lights from Pep Boys. I want to put them below the turn signals, where those punch-out panels are. What are they for? Anyone know if there is a 3G fog light kit out there? I'll have to make a custom bracket because there is nothing but plastic and styrofoam around that opening. A little further back, behind the turn signals, there is a metal brace that I can bolt to. That's the plan, we'll see how it goes.

AvgWhtMale
03-23-2003, 09:38 PM
BTW, I searched for "fog lights" and didn't find anything. Anyone know where fog lights have been discussed before?

Blue Impact
03-23-2003, 10:41 PM
It's easier to install fog lights. Make sure you disconnect the ground wire from the batter first. I may seem hard, but it's not. I would say go with the remote switch. If wired correctly, the source of power for the fog lights should be from the sidemarker lights (at least that's how it is on my car). With this, your fog lights will only work if your sidemarkers are on and the switch is on the ON position.

chance
03-25-2003, 04:59 PM
I could have sworn I saw it on this site...the holes are for fog lights. The best fully equipt Accord came with fog lights and I've seen remote foglight covers. the cover says "Honda" and when you activate the fog lights the cover flips up...like ur headlights. I'll look around to find a pic.

AvgWhtMale
03-25-2003, 05:50 PM
I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them.

The dealer said there is no fog light kit for the 3G.

PS. I want them.

Defiant[YD]
03-28-2003, 07:57 AM
couldn't u just upgrade ur parking light bulbs to the small hyperwhite bulbs they sell in aftermarket stores? it'll be less work then wiring fogs.
thats what i did to my parking lights in the front and now, instead of yellow, my lights are white.
not too bright by turning the headlights on, but also not too dark.

DBMaster
03-28-2003, 09:33 AM
I actually found an off-the-shelf halogen bulb that was obviously intended for another application, but it plugged into my corner marker sockets. They are much brighter and whiter than the factory bulbs and they were cheap. They justdon;t throw any light to the road because the marker lights do not have the lens/reflector design to do that. They are more noticeable when just the parking lights are on, though.

just_sold_my_vette
04-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Wiring question here:

When installing fog lights and you want them to run at the same time as your running lights (second click on light switch),
Do you have to hard wire the fog lights to those side marker lights? or is all the hardwiring done to other engine components??

Thanks!

Mike's89AccordLX
04-11-2003, 12:13 PM
OMG I saw 2 old ladies driving a 89 LX with fog lights!!!. They looked stock too. I was following them to see if they pulled over so I could try and buy the lights from them, but they didn't ever pull over. I was almost in tears b/c I swear they were factory lights and I wanted to get my hands on them.

Tim Yoak
04-12-2003, 06:24 AM
ok if anyone wants to know about the foglights i've been dealing with these for a long time, I called american honda and according to them there were no factory foglamps made. the hole in the dash is for the factory sunroof switch. and the other one is for the power window switch. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/pb10d40e5fb357fad89462b3e357faf0e/fcd05ea5.jpg This fog lamp switch is made by cutting the bezel for a three switch cluster in half and using a modified motor switch. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p3747544c174b0a54f3e96020cf0aebaf/fcd05ea7.jpg these are the relays on the firewall http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p0bb9cfa894813525e2e840cc9ca22847/fcbb44d9.jpg fog lamps http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/pfce753a25fb1333647bf00dce46ef238/fcbb44d7.jpg driving lamps http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p0177657f1c8f21b0ffa9b476fa202aa8/fcd2d710.jpg indicator in dash they work by using the dimmer switch to select between driving and fog lamps. low beam fog, high beam driving. they are switched by the two relays on the firewall. the dash switch turns the whole system on and off. there are two brackets under the bumper near the center, they are fixed to the metal part of the bumper so they don't shake. what they were for originally i have no idea. ZZTOP RULES!!! http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p5c9b97a7c4be0a11fa528d169dc54310/fc97f00a.jpg