PDA

View Full Version : Honda Specialty Tools???

87accordlxph
03-22-2003, 07:20 AM
Hi guys,

I plan to do my right lower ball joint sometime soon and I was wondering where can I find the special tool (ball joint remover/installer) to do this job or any other job that requires a special tool for a good deal?

I know there are part numbers for these tools but I don't want to go to Honda and buy a Honda tool for mucho cash just to do a job.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

PhydeauX
03-22-2003, 07:38 AM
The honda dealer is the first place to look. Some dealer ships will loan the tools some won't. Snap-on is another name that comes to mind, problaby charging even more then honda. If its a common enough tool auto-zone might carry a knock off brand's version.

andy

RobT5580
03-23-2003, 08:00 AM
You can order them from honda. Im gonna order a few specialty tools monday from work since i get it for cost + 10% i would be dumb not to. If you need a part number let me know by Private Message because when i get home tonight im gonna get all the part numbers from my Honda Service Manual. That is the main tool i want because pickle forks damage the bushings and i have not found a puller that will fit although my old mechanic had a nice one that fit perfect.