PDA

View Full Version : oil leak

rallyeNate
05-29-2002, 07:43 PM
first off i my oil is leaking. i just put an oil cooler on and i am almost a 100% sure that it is not leaking. i think that the oil is coming from the "tube" that connects at the rear part of the oil pan, it's just below the oil filter. what does that pipe do.

Monoxide
05-29-2002, 07:52 PM
Personally i dont know but my car did that like 7months ago. all i did was put better clamp on it and cranked it down now its dry as can be.

rallyeNate
05-29-2002, 08:22 PM
so that pipe does flow oil then, i thought that it was connected to the pcv hose. from looking at pictures on majestic honda, it looks like the pcv hose attaches to it from the intake manifold. is there any reason that is pipe would stop flowing oil and force it out of this pipe? http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=4DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=BREATHER+PIPE-OIL+FILTER

A20A1
05-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Someone said there is a high pressure oil hose on our cars... not sure where it is... but it's like $30 or so for a new one.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-29-2002, 11:12 PM
that is the breather hose.....I don't think oil flows through that, I believe it is just for overflow. You may be leaking from the oil filter and it appears to be coming from there.

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
05-30-2002, 12:54 AM
Hi:

I don't have a clue as to its function but this stupid hose has leaked on me as well. It's a bitch to replace. You definitely need to be under the car.

1. Slide the clips off.
2. Cut the hose and pull the pieces out.
3. Lubricate the interior of ends of the new hose with silicone spray.
4. Put the clips onto the hose.
5. Install the hose.
6. Install the clips.

Claude

vtec11
05-30-2002, 07:51 AM
I think u can replace it from the top if u take the airbox off. that's for EFI's though.

i think POS carb had an oil leak in the same area. i think he has a pic too.

CoAsTeR
05-30-2002, 07:32 PM
Yeah I used to have an oil leak too....... but one day it just stopped! kinda fixed itself I guess! I love it when they do that!

On a side note... my oil light is on...

anyways...........

don't listen to me, I'm just kidding :)

I'd say just reclamp the hose.... simple and cheap... then take it from there :)

good luck!