PDA

View Full Version : Installing new engine today, wish me luck

Tref_LXI
03-22-2003, 11:35 AM
Ok guys im heading outside with my dad and 2 mechanic friends that are going to teach me how to install a new engine and then load the engine into my car. Its a a20a3 engine just like my old one, but with 86k miles 150 compression per cylinder on it instead of 194k which blew due to poor care from my parents :( . This car will last me through all 4 years of college and past that hopefully.

RobT5580
03-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Its a really easy swap so i wouldnt expect any problems except finding other parts that may need replacing due to mileage. I like the accord because they have room to work with as of other cars like the 92 Prelude is a knuckle buster.

Tref_LXI
03-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Whew that bad boy is in, i cranked it for about 3 seconds and it fired right up not all super smooth at first i just let it run for about 5 seconds and turned it off, then checked for leaks, turned it back and it and runs super smooth and sweet now, I had no idea how easy it was to install a new engine, it is really freaking easy then again i do learn really fast with things that intererest me. Hehe 86k miles will last me a long, long time. I made sure to install a new timing belt, because this ones belt has been on since it was made and im not going to have this engine fucked up big time by it.