PDA

View Full Version : Raising the hood

4DoorAccordDX
03-22-2003, 08:52 PM
For the longest time I thought that the left headlight on my '87 DX Sedan was outta whack, because it sticks out above my hood by about 1/4inch. The other day I finally noticed that my headlight was flush with my fender, and that my hood was about 1/4 inch lower than my fender. How do I raise the hood to be the same height as the light and fender? It's just in the front that it doesn't match, towards the back it evens out. I noticed there are two circle rubber stops just inside each headlight, can I raise those at all to raise my hood a bit?

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

2-Knee

MrBen
03-22-2003, 09:12 PM
To be honest with you, all I did was pop the hood and thengrab the left side for leverage and bend the right side back. Mine wasnt out of wack that far but it sure worked for me!

Welcome to the board!

A20A1
03-23-2003, 04:15 AM
there are supposed to be rubber stoppers... mine went missing on one sided... thats why my hood is uneven.

meohmy01
03-23-2003, 05:58 AM
mine does the same damn. thing. and i just looked at it and the rubber stop is gone. and to think yesterday i was sitting there trying to bend it back. thanks man.

MrBen
03-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Mine are all there, but the dumbass before me put a dent on the right side of the Honda emblem, which pushed the hood down and back slightly. It's nothing noticeable now-- bending it worked just fine for me. Now I need to fix the dent.