PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Decide How To Make Better

HondaBoy
03-22-2003, 11:29 PM
ok well u should already know i have a 3gee. ok well my original front seats are sun damaged and slightly torn. i was going to get some them recovered. but now i have second thoughts. i went to one of the many junkyards 2day. this one being the most legit, in price, quality, and service. ok well here the deal, i found an '89 prelude with perfect interior, minus scrapes and shit. but the 2 things i needed are the 2 front seats. i checked em out. they are still very comfortable and feel not overly used. they have no rips, stains, or any defects. the only problem is that they are blue in color. my interior is brown. that isnt a big deal for me cuz i can just get some fabric recoloring spray. my friend used it on his mustang and it turned out fantastic. the easyest color would be black or another dark color. now to the main point. like i said, these seats are in impecable condition. this is the great part. this guy only wants $25 for em!!! should i get them because i dont believe they will last long? and i forgot about the engine. its a 2.0Si. the engine is complete with a 5speed tranny and supposedly runs. they want about 250 for the engine and tranny!!! so tell me wut u think i should do.

dXsquared
03-23-2003, 07:32 AM
that a B20A5 i belive.. we cant use that with out mods... anyway.. grab up the seats and paint em...

Travis

HondaBoy
03-23-2003, 12:31 PM
ya i know about doing that 2.0Si engine swap. i wouldnt be the one to do it though. my uncle, who is know as the honda guy by my friends , would do it. he knows his shit, but i realy dont want to do it. maybe i could just use the cylinder head off of it. i have heard of someone here putting a prelude head onto the original 2.0 A20 engine. and not to metion it was carbed. i thnk i will look into doing it but more than likely wont. i will just get those seats, cuz for real, u just cant beat $25 for 2 front seats!!! any other places wanted like $75. and that was just one!

buzzbomber88lx
03-23-2003, 05:47 PM
that would be the b20a5 but it could also be a b21a1. My dad has a 90 lude with the b21a1. I don't know why his has the 2.1. I know his has the 4 wheel steering and all(which is pretty cool). probably the b20a5. good motor and the gear ratio is really fast.

HondaBoy
03-23-2003, 09:09 PM
ur dad has a prelude. ok well wouldnt that be the 2.1Si? or is it the 2.1S? either one is pretty nice.