PDA

View Full Version : Removing light cover from front signal light

a002LXI88Rider
05-29-2002, 09:57 PM
How the hell do I remove the front cover from my front signal lights without breaking them. I tried to take thelm off the other day and I had to stop because I thought I was gonna break the cover. Hook me up and let me know how. Also what color bulb would look good to replace the ones that are already in their and what color bulbs would look good to replace the front side lights that stay on?

Precciate it.

P.S. I've been looking for a website like this for a while.

Gregs89AccordLxi
05-30-2002, 12:24 AM
I think your talking about your parking lights, to take them off flip up your headlights and there should be 2 screws between the headlight and the parking lamp, unscrew those and the parking lamp should come out, then from behind the bulb just needs a twist and comes out! hoped that helped ya, I have blue colored bulb parking lights and i think they look good.....

anchovies
05-31-2002, 12:35 PM
his is an 88
try to pry it off...use a blade or something..
if it doesn't work..then use a screwdriver and hammer it carefully...then use clear silicon glue to glue it back (tested and works)

the easy way is to just break the orange insert thru the blub hole using screwdriver or something sharp (not tested..just an idea)

88WhiteLX-i
05-31-2002, 11:58 PM
Trying to break the orange piece from the inside is a major pain in the ass, I had my signal taken off... I tried to break it from the inside but the damn thing is so hard it's fucking tough. It could prob. be done, but I think Iam gonna do it the other way considering it'll probably take you a few hours to break the thing apart from the inside. I actually broke part of my lense from the inside and I can't get it out, so I just put it back on my car until I get time to goto the junkyard to get 2 lenses to clear using the other method....;)

SteveDX89
06-02-2002, 05:01 PM
Try using a razor blade. You have to get in between the lenses and the housing and cut the old sealant away. I was gonna link him to the How-To. :wtf: happened to the thread with that in it. It's got the pics and shit he needs.

SWELLS
06-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Use a box cutter style razorblade, it's a thicker gauge metal. Most of the time when you put it in you can twist it lightly on it will pop off.

DavidRCT
06-03-2002, 04:59 AM
i didn't have any problems with the orange insert. All i did was remove the cover and the pull the top of the casing up and the bottom down and just pull the insert out and it should snap right off. i don't know why people are having such a struggle, mine came right off after i did this.Using your hand you can just kinda pull the top and bottom apart and the other hand to just snap it off. It might require quite some pulling to snap it off and it might break but who cares, you gonna get rid of it anyways. Hope this helps. :banghead: