PDA

View Full Version : magnaflow cat-back vs. dynomax turbo...???

hondaaccord_86
05-29-2002, 10:42 PM
whats the difference between magna flow cat back system vs. a dynomax turbo with 2.25" pipping?

Jims 86LXI HB
05-29-2002, 11:36 PM
Who ever delivers the most convincing "opinion":D

I paid $32 for my super turbo. Its is my opinion that the flowmaster does sound better. But since a dyno test in the may issue of grassroots motorsports tested one on a 1.8L vw jetta. I went with hard numbers for power increases rather than what I thought sounded better. The test I'm talking about was a custom cat-back just like mine. It made more power than the pacesetter and a bosal system.

I could see someone saying well my ????? muffler is built better. Well I don't care, I only paid $32, who much did you pay?:D

Hoshizakido
05-29-2002, 11:54 PM
I like my magnaflow it souns alot like the flow master, it sounds more agressive then 90% of exhaust systems on imports that ive heard. You can feel a dramatic increase in power. Im not sure what kind of hp increase it did i dont have easy access to a dyno. im not a fan of numbers i like something that i can feel when i step on the gas.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-30-2002, 12:25 AM
so you spun the wheel and left it to chance glad it worked out for you. I'm sure pretty much everyone likes to tell a "seat of the pants" horsepower story, it's so subjective.:D Just like I said,"Who ever delivers the most convincing "opinion" :rolleyes: