PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try making a 3g look like a lotus?

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 12:37 AM
I dont know about anyone else but i like the lotus esprit V8.. And I also think if you put the right wing and the right bodykit thats not to BIG or RICE like, that you could make a 3g resemble a Lotus Esprit V8...

anyother comments would be great cause im thinking about trying this... I still cant figure out what body kit to go with cause i cant find any good pics of an Esprit...

-Dave:D

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-24-2003, 12:44 AM
You mean like this?

-=amf=-

http://home.mchsi.com/~mikeisnever/rims4.jpg

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 02:57 AM
kind of i have a good pic of an esprit but i would have to send it to you... or have some one post it for me..

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 03:01 AM
the wing i am thinking of is a 3 piece, ive seen it on like a 90 integra it would look more like the lotus wing plus if you get the fender trim and make it match your paint along with ( hehe ) some side skirts and maybe dif front lip and back bumper...and then all of it one color of course...

-Dave

MIK3
03-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by TitaniumSun
kind of i have a good pic of an esprit but i would have to send it to you... or have some one post it for me..

http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~na/pics/cars/exotics/lotusv8.jpg

Very sharp car...and for the price, I am shocked that they aren't selling as well as some of the exotics out there. I know I'd get one if I had the money.

pimp86LX
03-24-2003, 04:08 PM
be proud of your 3g man!

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 05:22 PM
oh im proud f it no question about that i just want it to kind of look like a lotus since i will never be able to buy one...

plus the racing elise has a honda engine in it, so i hear, i may be wrong..

-Dave

89AcCOrDmike
03-24-2003, 05:38 PM
thats amazing i do see some resemblance

MrBen
03-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Yeah I do too. The 3g modded to look like a lotus would look a lot better though.

StUpiD8000
03-24-2003, 05:47 PM
do a chop-top and the cars would be twins

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 06:17 PM
yeah thats what i mean if you wanted to put some time and money into it... you could make a cowel over the trunk like a 3 piece wing so you could open the trunk and add the bigger 3 piece wing and a nice body kit and you would have it!!! plus some nice wheels!! :) :)

-Dave

Nothingbuta3Gthang
03-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Maybe you could come across some of the lotus badges to put on your car too, that would be cool. Might fool some less informed people in the process, who knows.

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 06:28 PM
lol yeah true but then you have those guys that know what they look like callin you a noob and stuff haha!

i was almost thinking maybe someone could find a trashed lotus and use some of the parts for molds or something, or even get the interior and and swap it for the stock interior in your 3g...

lol i just want a lotus lol!!

-Dave

od2681
03-24-2003, 06:32 PM
you can probably make a MR2 look like that but i dont think its gonna work with a 3gee....no disrespect...a 3gee doesnt need to look like some other car..its bad ass just the way it is

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 06:39 PM
mr2 doesnt have the same body shape plus they are ugly as hell and if you add the right things you dont have to mod very much just add a bodykit, bigger 3piece wing, (if you want) make a little side flare for the trunk, and get some fender trim and match them to te paint... done!

-Dave

Strahan
03-24-2003, 06:53 PM
lol yeah true but then you have those guys that know what they look like callin you a noob and stuff haha!

Hehe.. noob would be the least of it, and probably the least-profane :)

dXsquared
03-24-2003, 07:11 PM
:rice:

dXsquared
03-24-2003, 07:13 PM
umm.. well... if some guy came on here and said.. LETS PUT TYPE R BADGES ON OUR CARS SO IT WILL LOOK LIKE A TYPE R... YOU GUYS WOULD BE LIKE your a ricer...

now a guy wants to make a 3 g into a Lotus and you find no problem with this??? sometimes people are major hypocrits...

anyway.. i think thats gay and :rice:

just buy a lotus or stay happy with your boxy 3g

Travis

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 07:15 PM
haha yeah! i think ill go put those big SiR badges from autozone on my car and forget to take the dx sticker off! lol lol

rice rice baby!

-Dave

MIK3
03-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by TitaniumSun

i was almost thinking maybe someone could find a trashed lotus and use some of the parts for molds or something
-Dave

LOL!! Good luck finding one man...it ain't gonna happen...I assure you.

Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK

now a guy wants to make a 3 g into a Lotus and you find no problem with this??? sometimes people are major hypocrits...

I would think that there is a bit of a difference between stickers and many dollars being put into body conversions...not rice in my perspective...

pimp86LX
03-24-2003, 09:31 PM
trying to make a car look like another to me is mega rice

TitaniumSun
03-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Well im not saying we should make it into a lotus, im saying is if you added a few things from the lotus, the 3G would look a little more exotic... like the lotus body kit would look nice on a 3g cause they have the same type of shape and look to them..

i love my 3g the way it is!!! even though it is setting with no engine in it and could use a new coat of paint, i wouldnt change it at all!!!

-Dave

MIK3
03-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Yeah. I'm not gonna be doing any conversions what so ever to my 3gee. I love it. The only conversion I'll be doing to mine is converting the dirt to sparkle...lag to drag...old to new...and wtf to hell yeah.

TitaniumSun
03-25-2003, 12:21 AM
haha yeah thats what im sayin! like a perfect example to what i had in mind is mikes white 89 accord... if it had the 3 piece wing im talking about it would be the image i have in my head..... Almost