PDA

View Full Version : Have a few pairs of springs so I got to thinking

A20A1
03-24-2003, 03:52 AM
Well I have 2 full sets of springs... one off a stock 3rd gen accord and one that is supposedly from a 86-89 accord.

Anyways the stock front spring seems it would fit nicely onto the pirtch for the coil overs... i may do the same for the rear too... but yeah I'm thinking of running one spring cut on the bottom of the pirtch and the coil from the coilover up top...

yeah I'll raise the car a lot... but I need to jump the car... not sure how hight it will go, but just for the video I'm setting up I need something that will have enough travel not too kill the car when it lands... but I still want the lower stance and the stiffness of the coil overs. I'm not sure what the mixture would produce... I tried raising the adjustmenst on the coil pirtch but I'm worried about how the pirtch sits on the strut. I'm afraid if I remove the adjustment ring then the pirtch would split like a banana when I hit the ground... so I'm adding a bit of the stock spring as a buffer.

wish me luck you guys. :wave:

A20A1
03-24-2003, 04:25 AM
Woah looking even better then I thought... I took out the spring I was going to use and just realized that the coils are spaced out more the lower it is on the spring.... unfortunately... I can't use the lower half. :(

I need the top section of the spring to mate flush with the pirtch, I'd say about 5 coils should be sufficient. However when adding a spring to the bottom you have to give it a lip so it won't slide around... I may have to add in some zip ties to keep it together in the air... and just hope the weight of the front will keep the springs alligned with eachother when moving.

dXsquared
03-24-2003, 05:11 PM
your jumping your car?? over what???

Travis

A20A1
03-24-2003, 05:14 PM
No just a rally like vid... but when I exit the dirt road there is a ramp. Hopefully I can jump onto the main paved road from the dirt road... that should make for a nice ending... :D

dXsquared
03-24-2003, 05:49 PM
lol
thats awesome!!1

Travis