PDA

View Full Version : how do i get a fast blinker???

hondaaccord_86
05-29-2002, 10:57 PM
i see all those guys in their integs with the little fast blinker... now i want that in my car. how do i do that? i ask the performance shop and they said its like... 30 bucks. can't i do something to it to get it myself to blink faster?

Gregs89AccordLxi
05-30-2002, 12:32 AM
I think theres a cheap way of doing it (if i remember right), just get a lower volt bulb for your blinker, because of the low voltage of the bulb it thinks that its blown and blinks faster! :flash:

hondaaccord_86
05-30-2002, 12:16 PM
get the 6 volt bulb?

89AccordNate
05-30-2002, 02:05 PM
You use yor blinkers for days on end, and then when they start to burn out, they blink really fast, but the mod only lasts for a few blinks.

Nate.

Chrome_thangs
05-30-2002, 06:56 PM
This is what i did to make fast blinkers:
1. Take out your left front bumper blinker and cut the wire.
2. Remove your left side parking light/blinker housing.
3. Splice a wire from the left blinker bulb in the housing.
4. Run it to the front bumper blinker.
THERE YOU GO!
now u have fast blinkers!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-30-2002, 07:29 PM
3 weeks ago my g/f hit a 12inch pot hole, bent my rim , blew the tire and burnt all the lights on the passenger side...so on the passenger side i had fast blinkers:pimp:

AccordChemist
05-30-2002, 07:43 PM
pos carb has a howto on this on his website with like 3 different ways of making fast blinkers

Hoshizakido
05-30-2002, 11:25 PM
try taking out the fuse to te signal lights i think this works

HostileJava
05-31-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Hoshizakido
try taking out the fuse to te signal lights i think this works

I hope your kidding, that may make you blinker on the gauge assembly go faster but there's no power going to your blinker lights then.

goldyaccord
05-31-2002, 08:06 AM
I cut the wires and inverted the parking/turn signal lights...

Eaaasy. :pimp:

Josh

Hoshizakido
05-31-2002, 10:11 AM
hahaha i was just kiddin just seein if people would fall for that. driving around with no blinkers thinkig there goin faster

87AccordsterLx
05-31-2002, 04:59 PM
check out the faq.. I bought 2 relays from pep boys and wired my front blinkers to the parking lights on the corner markers... thus once the parking lights or headlights are turned on you have a constant source of light comeing out of the "once front blinkers" giving it a built in fog light effect... in doing this you cut the wires that run to the front blinkers thus making your ECU think that the lights are burnt and they blink fast... So in essence you have fog lights that are constantly on and blink when you use your blinkers... it's really cool and it only takes a few feet of cheap wire and 2 relays.... if you want a more detailed How To... let me know.. Im rushed for time now.... good luck.......

89AccordHatch
11-05-2002, 08:57 PM
hey accordster....can u send me instructions on how to do that?
[email protected]

89HatchAzn
11-05-2002, 09:19 PM
What is Pos Carb's website????

89LXiCoupe
11-05-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx
check out the faq.. I bought 2 relays from pep boys and wired my front blinkers to the parking lights on the corner markers... thus once the parking lights or headlights are turned on you have a constant source of light comeing out of the "once front blinkers" giving it a built in fog light effect... in doing this you cut the wires that run to the front blinkers thus making your ECU think that the lights are burnt and they blink fast... So in essence you have fog lights that are constantly on and blink when you use your blinkers... it's really cool and it only takes a few feet of cheap wire and 2 relays.... if you want a more detailed How To... let me know.. Im rushed for time now.... good luck.......

By doing this, you won't have any signal lights at the front of your car. If a cop was having a bad day, he might give you a citation. I did this to mine, but made a set of blinkers for the front of the car, therefore, the signals don't blink fast.

87AccordsterLx
11-05-2002, 11:55 PM
well not quite... you do have front signal lights... if you look at your corner markers (the orange part) will blink as well as stay on when you have the head lights up.... :D 89accordhatch... I'll email you as soon as I can... my mail server is down right now....

wckdonex
12-07-2002, 01:19 AM
I found a site which informed me that a trailer wiring kit would work. I myself have used it works. the traile control box lets your lights be on, then when u signal, it thinks 2 lights are hooked up. But you wire these 2 out wires to one side. Thus fast blinker with constant parklight.