PDA

View Full Version : ?????????

Janiel
03-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Do you guys have any idea why my engine light won't come on when i pull the plug for the O2 sensors? I am thinking it might be a broken wire.

Blue Impact
03-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Maybe the bulb for is dead?

88LXi/87CRXSi
03-24-2003, 01:42 PM
I read your post in EFI tech, and have been thinking and thinking, but, can't figure it out.:crying: You did say that the ecu had been replaced, correct? Is there any possibility that a '88 ecu was installed, instead of a '89? Might be worth checking cause if I remember correctly, Jareds 89 LXi?, had similar problem with replacing his. Pinouts are slightly different, O2 sensor for one.Other than that I got nothing, sorry!:(

Steve

1988starter
03-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Try unplugging your Air idle controll signal box white plug on te throttle body in front that will mke it come on.

Janiel
03-25-2003, 05:12 AM
Bro i have no idea what computer it has in it. My idot friend which is siting next to has no idea what they put in there. I bought the car from him, (to-low-4-a-fat-hoe).He destoryed the car. I bought it for $350 with a blown engine, riped up inteior, bald tires, exuast on the floor, crashed in front, and of course my elec. problems and so many more that the car had. I have fixed everything but my engine managment problems. Thanx for the help

AccordEpicenter
03-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Well how long did you take the oxygen sensor wire off for? The oxygen sensors dont put out anything at all until they are sufficently warmed up by driving around, so you could take the wire off and drive around for a while without the light coming on

Janiel
03-26-2003, 09:42 AM
But my egr is also not working. I pull the plug and no engine light. Like i think it is, could it be the computer? My car was flooded out and the computer was changed. My car also lacks power in the top end. I also have the problem that when it reaches 6,000 rom it misses really bad and bogs down till you let go of the pedal. I have been trying to fix this (little) problem since i got this car. It has got me to the point where I'am about to sell this piece of junk!

Jareds 89 LX-i
03-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Check the model # on your ECU.... you may have gotten the wrong one as I did. For an 89 EFI, the model should be 37820-PJO-AO3. That's the correct one for the 89. The 88 model # is 37820-PJO-668. If you have this one then it will not work cuz they were different.

Janiel
03-26-2003, 10:29 AM
I work today but tommrow i will yank the seat off and find out. Thanx for the info.