PDA

View Full Version : TECHNA-FIT / EARL'S STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES

RobT5580
03-24-2003, 06:08 PM
I just bought the ones from OPM Motorsports and they came in and they are actually Earl's Lines with an adaptor. I havnt put them on yet but i figured if it helps to save you guys any money to pick them up on your own i would give the part numbers.

They do say for offroad use because the were NOT DOT tested so use at your discression.

Earl's Braided Line Part #63010220
Earl's Adaptor Part # 989537

I have four of each since im gonna convert to rear discs so buy what you need. The only negative thing i can say so far is their is not a bracket to tie the line to the arm as the normal lines have.
I will make something up as i do recommend to others that do this. I do not claim any responsibility for this modification so use at your own risk as i was just passing on some helpful information to others.

I paid $137.91 shipped so if you can find them cheaper your off to a better start than me.

**********8/3/03 Update on Earls lines*****************

Ok its been a few months with them on and i ended up swapping them out for Techna-Fit lines due to no mounting hardware on the Earls lines. They were very good lines but i tried my best to strap them down but after a full turn of the steering wheel they would slap around when turning which bothered me and is not safe so i heard Techna-Fit lines were good and im happy with them. If i wanted to spend some time i could have made some brackets but i didnt feel up to it nor have the time to monkey around with them.

Good Luck.

guaynabo89
03-24-2003, 10:19 PM
If I remember corectly I paid about 119 for lines to all four discs from Technafit. The technafit lines have brackets to hold them at stock locations too. Somone posted a part# for Goodridge lines too. I don't remember if it was on this board though.:(

So there are three companies that make stainless braided brake lines for the Accord.

88LXi68
03-25-2003, 05:27 AM
I think Raceconcepts.net also will make them.

A20A1
03-25-2003, 05:50 AM
This may be better off in the suspension/wheels/tires forum...

hmm maybe we should add brakes to that forum tilte as well?

djimass
03-25-2003, 07:09 AM
I went on the Goodridge and Technatfit websites and they do not list any SS brake lines for our 3rd Gens. Am I supposed to look for the 4th gen models?

Thanks

88turboaccord
03-25-2003, 08:41 AM
You have to call them. I oredered all four of them, they were suppose to call me back to verify everything, they never did, so I figured they did not want my business.

Darkside
03-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Hey Robt5580 Let me know how you like those lines I got the same ones and they work good but you can sometimes hear a noise as the line slides through the bracket(I re-used my old ones). The rear lines were really tight to fit on my car. I've seen the technafit lines and think they were slightly nicer then the earls. Just my $.02. Let me know how you lines fit and if they make any noise.Darkside

RobT5580
03-25-2003, 05:48 PM
I should be able to do them next week. Im waiting on the caliper paint to come in so i can do it all at once. Im also doing the AEM Big Brake kit and i had a friend at a machine shop make me new brackets as of using a spacer. I should have those tommarow so i can powdercoat them and i will have everything ready except the caliper paint. I decided to just buy the kit for $50 because the VHT caliper paint didnt work and the new paint is supposed to be good for up to 900 degrees so i expect it will stick well. I hope it all goes well and will post pictures when im done. Thanks for the feedback on other lines guys.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
I should be able to do them next week. Im waiting on the caliper paint to come in so i can do it all at once. Im also doing the AEM Big Brake kit and i had a friend at a machine shop make me new brackets as of using a spacer. I should have those tommarow so i can powdercoat them and i will have everything ready except the caliper paint. I decided to just buy the kit for $50 because the VHT caliper paint didnt work and the new paint is supposed to be good for up to 900 degrees so i expect it will stick well. I hope it all goes well and will post pictures when im done. Thanks for the feedback on other lines guys.

Hey Rob! Do you think your friend can make more brackets? Just curious! It would be nice to have AEM BIG Brake Kit!

RobT5580
03-25-2003, 07:17 PM
It has taken him a while to do and i am paying him for them. I had 3 sets made but i promised Oldschoolswap one back when i was just gonna make a spacer. Basically i didnt want to sell any because this bracket is the main key for the brakes and i dont want any responsibility for them. They are made out of aluminum as the AEM one is but if the part failed you would have some problems. So i cant offer any of them to others but to be honest even if you had to make a spacer its not that big of a deal to have one machined. I just figured if he was gonna machine something why not just do a whole new bracket. Sorry i couldnt help but its not a bad modification if you ask me but my kit is not on the car yet.

RobT5580
03-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Ok i have the brackets and im impressed with them and my friend has the CNC machine program to duplicate these if i need them later. So heres the deal if they work properly for me i will sell them but i will require the money up front and may do a group buy since i dont have a lot of time on my hands. I will keep you updated but check the pictures in the pic section.

POS carb
04-10-2003, 04:56 PM
http://www.amstreetrod.com/html/speed-flex.html

scroll down half way, they're less than $20 each

POS carb
04-10-2003, 04:59 PM
oh yea and there are multiple sizes.

Rob, how do yours fit? should they be longer/shorter or are they perfect?

RobT5580
04-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Yeah that basically what mine look like except mine have a ring that says Earl's and a plastic tube around each line as well that says Earl's. The lines are beautiful but they didnt fit properly on the caliper inbetween the two tabs like the factory line. Also i had a brake leak from where the solid line meets the braided line in the wheelwell. So i put the car up on the lift figuring it was because of the paint on the calipers but it leaked from the top. They are nice but i hear there are other lines that are a better fit so i would go with them. As far as price i guess i didnt get ripped that bad since i have 4 lines and 4 special adaptors. But if they make better lines with the proper mounting i would go with them over the Earls.

POS carb
04-11-2003, 11:28 PM
I'm talking length tho. Is there enough slack in the line at 20"?

guaynabo89
04-16-2003, 07:21 AM
I found my receipt for Technafit. I thought I'd pass some info Around.

For a 89 sei it was 115 plus shipping. The part # is 975. The description says....... HN-800 Honda brakeline kit (6)

There phone number on my receipt says......... 310-320-2827.

That phone number might be outdated cause I bought my lines back in the end of 1997. If it doesnt work just try looking for a website .

SiR
04-16-2003, 09:22 AM
Its all a perfect fit up front for the Technafit lines?

Is it just for the fronts or is that price for all four?

guaynabo89
04-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by SiR
Its all a perfect fit up front for the Technafit lines?

Yup. they have brackets that bolt up to the stock locations.

Originally posted by SiR
Is it just for the fronts or is that price for all four?

THe 6 stands for six pieces. I take it a regular lxi will only have four.( rear discs need caliper hoses)

There are rubber brake lines from the trailing arm to the hardlines on the body.

You know you should know the answers already you saw my car at the meet!:lol

SiR
04-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by guaynabo89
You know you should know the answers already you saw my car at the meet!:lol

I was tired from the previous night, then had to wake up early to make that 3 hour drive, last thing on my mind was to look closely of brake lines!LOL

stgardner
04-22-2003, 08:43 PM
I put on Goodridge lines on my '88 LXI about 2 yeras ago. At the time they weren't part of Goodridge's catalog and I had to send them a front and rear line so they could fabricate them. They work very well. I can't remember the part number, but I'll try to get it from my Goodridge contact, if he is still there.

I have also put SMC lines on another vehicle and they work well too.

The Goodridge ends are crimped on, which is supposedly less reliable than the screwed on (Aeroquip-style) ends. SMC's are Aeroquip. The Goodridge are direct replacements so the brackets all fit perfectly. Plastic ties are not needed.

Whichever lines you choose, there shuld be a noticeable improvement in the braling. Just be sure to regularly inspect them. Once the stainless steel covering is nicked , then teflon line will fail quickly.

stgardner
04-23-2003, 05:01 PM
The Goodridge brake line kit part number for the 86-89 LXi is 20005. It is a special order and lists for $139.95. I believe that there is a choice of colors.

guaynabo89
04-23-2003, 07:52 PM
You posted this info on one of the other boards right? I remember seeing your name from ezboard. Are you that person?

Oh and if one of the mods see this, I think we should put the Goodridge and technafit part numbers in the FAQ.

carotman
06-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Hey guys, I already have braided lines but I'm converting to rear discs.... anyone knows where I buy the 2 caliper hoses that I'm missing???

stgardner
06-28-2003, 05:33 PM
If you get the SEI rear brake setup off a donor car, then you should have picked up the rubber brake lines. I would contact SMC Performance Products in California (949-369-5223). He custom makes each set of stainless brake lines. See if he would make you a rear pair, if you send the rubber ones to match.

Good luck. Let us know how the conversion goes.

RobT5580
08-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Well since i started this thread a bit ago i just want to update it since i switched over to Techna-Fit lines and they were well worth it. I liked the Earls a lot but the fact that they didnt have the mounting hardware sucked and i could never get them strapped down so they would clear everything thus they would slap around when turning. The only bad thing i can say about the Techna fit ones are they are missing one factory mounting location but was easily fixed with a tie wrap and they clear all the moving parts.

A20A1
08-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Want me to change the title to Techna-fit / Earls ? All you would need to do is edit your very first post to include the link to Techna-fit and maybe add in some details about both brake lines comparing the 2. It's up to you though.

Busted_Blue
05-20-2004, 08:36 PM
On technafit's website it doesnt show an option for 4 rear disc brakes on the sedan...and from the search, people say its 6lines, and on the site it says 4 lines on the coupe with rear disc brakes. help? i'm looking to upgrade my lines when i do my rear disc brakes.

Vinny
05-21-2004, 04:11 AM
6 lines total. 4 for the rear (2 Each side) and 2 lines for the front. You have to call and specifically tell them its for an SE-i

Busted_Blue
05-21-2004, 08:23 AM
6 lines total. 4 for the rear (2 Each side) and 2 lines for the front. You have to call and specifically tell them its for an SE-i

thanks! I appreciate it. Does anyone know the price for the SEi version? would it be roughly around $115 similarly to the coupe one?

edit: are the coupe ones same as the sedan ones with disc? anyone?

Busted_Blue
05-24-2004, 12:56 AM
help?

Vinny
05-24-2004, 04:09 AM
Just call them foir a price, since they don't have them listed. And yes they are the same

Busted_Blue
05-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Just call them foir a price, since they don't have them listed. And yes they are the same

thanks, i just wanted to make sure. I'll call them and ask for them later on.

Vinny
05-25-2004, 10:33 AM
I have some email traffic going right now with them, may want to hold up on buying anything. May have something in the works :D

Busted_Blue
09-07-2004, 07:19 PM
i definitely support techna-fit SS lines. They have plastic coat on them around the ss lines not too sure why but overall I have very happy with it. There were brackets with them (although plastic again) and had no problems with it fitting. Their length were somewhat a tight fit but its on perfectly. For the $100 i paid for with the groupbuy vinny started, I fully support these brands.

As far as durablility, it feels great right now.

What is the current price on these lines again? I heard they raised the prices.

Strugglebucket
04-01-2005, 10:02 PM
i think it's $150 now for the 6-line se-i set.

Busted_Blue
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.asp?vehicle=Accord&category=Brakes

$99.95 for all sets from technafit. That's pretty good. Just thought I give a heads up for others.

Oldblueaccord
05-04-2005, 06:47 PM
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.asp?vehicle=Accord&category=Brakes

$99.95 for all sets from technafit. That's pretty good. Just thought I give a heads up for others.

I hate to bust in on this but i feel I should.

I had a set made her locally at a hydraulic hose place $69 bucks for the fronts with the factory clamps, ends etc. They have color hose to for you guys out there in Cali. The are DOT approved they bought the machine to make them for about $17K and it payed for itself in less than 6 months. I brought them the old hoses so they could match up where the clamps go and the orientation.

wp

operator
05-05-2005, 02:55 AM
I just got a set of 6 for my car 2 weeks ago and yes the coupe ones they list are the same for the sedan. All you do is get the online order form form there web site, print it off and fill it out and fax it away. For part number use the coupe one.
1989 ACCORD CPE W/R. Disc 6 HN-800
They list them for $150.00 but i email them and got them for $115.00 plus shipping, etc.

bobafett
07-15-2005, 05:29 PM
From www.techna-fit.com

HN-800
1989 ACCORD CPE W/R. Disc (SE-i I would assume)
6 Lines
Price: $150

HN-810
1988-89 ACCORD COUPE LX (86-89 DX or LX, and 86-87 LX-i i would assume)
4 Lines
Price: $115.00

HN-880
1989 ACCORD COUPE W/ REAR DRUM (i dont know why this is different than the HN-810, unless coupe's have differenct length brake lines, which is possible i guess...)
4 Lines
Price: $115.00

2ndGenGuy
07-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I just had new stainless rear hoses made up for my 84 yesterday. I took my old cracked hoses into the local brake shop and told them "I need two of these in stainless". They made them up for me practically overnight and I picked them up the next day. Cost me $25/ea. They were a perfect replacement to the old hoses and they mounted right up to the old clips and brackets. I'd recommend checking your local brake shop before shopping online for less hassle.

bobafett
07-21-2005, 12:27 PM
ps i paid $84.XX for 3 day shipping for the lines, directly from techna-fit, they took my CC over the phone.

i ordered them monday morning, they told me they would ship out that day, and i recieved them today.

i cant complain, its an excellent deal. with any luck my rotors will come in on friday, and i will be able to review the new brake setup next week.

SephirXV
11-14-2005, 08:58 AM
None of these sites have a Hatchback option. Would the lines on an HB be the same as a coupe?

wprocomp
11-14-2005, 09:48 AM
yes they are all the same other than the Se-i/reg drum rotor setup-86/87 88/89 also had some diff calipers

SephirXV
11-14-2005, 01:03 PM
yes they are all the same other than the Se-i/reg drum rotor setup-86/87 88/89 also had some diff calipers

To clarify, 86&87 differ from 88&89, anything rear-disk differs from anything rear-drum, and sedans differ from 2doors (coupe/HB).
Anyone wanting to swap to rear disks would just get a kit for the appropriate number of doors with 'rear disk' or 'SEi' in the title & it should have 6 pieces instead of 4. Does that sum everything up accurately?

bobafett
11-14-2005, 01:45 PM
honestly i think the only real difference is with sei and non sei (meaning discs) im not sure if the hoses are different, even though they have different part numbers. best bet is call technafit. they can get you exactly what you need. they are friendly, well priced and the lines are great. :D

MessyHonda
06-18-2006, 09:16 PM
has anyone every heard of theses Magnum High performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-Steel-Brake-Lines-Honda-Accord-1986-1989_W0QQitemZ8076923129QQcategoryZ33561QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

EricW
06-19-2006, 07:43 AM
has anyone every heard of theses Magnum High performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-Steel-Brake-Lines-Honda-Accord-1986-1989_W0QQitemZ8076923129QQcategoryZ33561QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Never heard of them, but thats not to bad of a price. Its not like its that hard to make brake lines, I was going to have a local shop make me some before I bought the ones for my se-i disc swap.

MessyHonda
12-29-2006, 12:47 PM

i bought my SE-i Lines from them and i had they laying around since late july i finaly did the rear disk swap and tried to put them on...to find out that 2 lines in the rear were too short. plus it didnt have a connector to mount it....i was pissed...i just called them and they want to know how long are the original lines. the one that goes from the brake line from the body of the car to the first mounting point.

nskforlife
01-10-2007, 03:12 PM
i found sets for the 88-89 coupes. including se-i's

80.00 +s/h for rear drums
95.00 +s/h for rear discs.

i wonder if they'll work for the sedans like i have?....
heres the link. (http://www.boneheadperformance.com/brakes/tfbrakelines.htm)

Legend_master
01-10-2007, 05:20 PM
i found sets for the 88-89 coupes. including se-i's

80.00 +s/h for rear drums
95.00 +s/h for rear discs.

i wonder if they'll work for the sedans like i have?....
heres the link. (http://www.boneheadperformance.com/brakes/tfbrakelines.htm)

yes they will.

3gmodifier
10-27-2009, 11:19 PM
got these a while back. good feel but a dramatic differance.

GLICIOUS21
06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
The honda tuning mag helped me understand the theory of how break lines work. N now i want some.

gp02a0083
08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
so im ready to order brake lines for the sei rear disc swap. I was looking into techna-fit. i tried reading past posts and there are mixed reviews. I was on the phone with them and they said each set is custom built. Now i asked if they came with a mounting bracket and they said it does , i saw other members saying that its plastic is this true? Also i see some members said that the lines are a bit short, if this is true about how much shorter are the techna-fit lines, cuz i will ask them to add an inch to the line.

LX-incredible
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
so im ready to order brake lines for the sei rear disc swap. I was looking into techna-fit. i tried reading past posts and there are mixed reviews. I was on the phone with them and they said each set is custom built. Now i asked if they came with a mounting bracket and they said it does , i saw other members saying that its plastic is this true? Also i see some members said that the lines are a bit short, if this is true about how much shorter are the techna-fit lines, cuz i will ask them to add an inch to the line.

Techna-fit is great. I'd have 3/4"-1" added to the rear caliper lines (rear disc only), otherwise you'd need to bend a bracket and the hard line. The included brackets are quality plastic. I've had them on and off several times without an issue.

LX-incredible
08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
To anyone thinking of going with stainless lines, don't buy anything out of Canada. It's coming out of there because the chinese junk would never meet US DOT stantards.

stat1K
08-24-2010, 11:42 AM
^ i looked through the thread to see if you had weighed in and i almost typed to say wait til lx-incredible tells you lol...

gp02a0083
08-25-2010, 03:27 AM
Techna-fit is great. I'd have 3/4"-1" added to the rear caliper lines (rear disc only), otherwise you'd need to bend a bracket and the hard line. The included brackets are quality plastic. I've had them on and off several times without an issue.

im assuming your talking about the lower lines to the body?

LX-incredible
08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
No, the length on those is fine. The rear spindle to caliper lines are too short.

Well, technically they're the same length when you compare them, but the ends they use are longer and the flexible hose is shorter. The problem could also be solved if they used angled ends.

gp02a0083
08-25-2010, 10:56 AM
ok, when i call techna fit i will ask them for the spindle to the caliper line to be 1" longer. By having the 1" longer tube wouldn't that have a major impact on the rear brake pressure, i would think it wouldn't.

LX-incredible
08-25-2010, 11:25 AM
No measurable impact.

gp02a0083
08-26-2010, 05:22 AM
thats what i thought , i would only think that the diameter of the lines would have more of an impact vs the length of the line

Sickest3G
10-13-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.alamomotorsports.com/ This site has the cheapest techna lines that I can find. With shipping it'll run $144. does anyone know of a spot i can get them cheaper?

MessyHonda
11-09-2010, 11:47 PM
no, sadly i have never heard of it either. however it does seem pretty ok and fair priced. i could keep this in consideration should the need arise for one. thank you for the tip.

i bought some ebay lines long time ago...the rear lines didnt fit as they were short and once i crashed my car the lines were messed up so i had to buy some technafit lines...spend the money because they are worth it.