PDA

View Full Version : brakes....wierd...just plain wierd....

Microstreak
03-24-2003, 07:14 PM
i don't kno if anybody else here feels this way about ther 3g, but my accords brakes feel weak. ther not really bad bad, but i cant bring full brake pressure to the brakes when floorin the brake pedal. ive gotten used to it and everything, its just id like them to be stronger or something. ive had the master cylinder replaced and everything.

another thing is when i brake, a wierd sound comes, its like "eerrpppp" "errrppp" my friend was j/k and said it sounds like the car is moaning. i don't kno wht it could be, but im probably gonna bleed the whole system in a wk or two, is that noise bad? or ok?

AZmike
03-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Bleeding the system should improve how the pedal feels. For the noise you should start by inspecting your brakes. Are your pads or shoes worn out? You might want to pickup a can of brake cleaner (it's cheap) to help, especially with all the dust you're likely to find in the drums.

AccordEpicenter
03-24-2003, 08:55 PM
my brakes felt really weak before i went back to oem honda stuff. I think it was the pads that really really made my brakes bad.. cheap aftermarket shit.

Microstreak
03-26-2003, 06:57 PM
o werd, sorry bout not replyin fo a while, been busy nd shit. um, i got some brake cleaner but bout the drumz, will i have to open it? ill spray some on the discs, thats easy. as for the pads, the mechanic said everything was in order. then again i don't kno if he checkd the drums... do they chk drums whn they inspect brakes?

anchovies
03-27-2003, 12:34 AM
You'll need to take off the axle nut and then the drum then spray liberally. That won't really solve your weak brakes problem though. Maybe the sound.

Microstreak
03-27-2003, 12:33 PM
i'm going to take it to somebody, and tell him to check the brakes rite in front of me, im startin to think they jus say its ok cuz ther too lazy to check.... and i pump the pedal and it builds up but then goes away, is that ok? as for the noise its not that loud and i don't care enough bout it to open up the brakes... thanks

anchovies
03-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Try pumping the brakes when the engine is off. It should build up pressure and it gets harder to pump. Keep your foot on the pedal and start the engine. The pedal should go down slightly.
Then pump the pedal when the engine is on.
Tell us what happens.

When you need to stop at traffic, do you have to floor the brake pedal? How about your hand brake?