PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the carpet on the floor/

Chrome_thangs
05-29-2002, 11:16 PM
The carpet in my car was not taken care of properly by the last owner. I want to take it out and and clean it well.
Any tips on the easiest way?

89AccordNate
05-30-2002, 07:15 AM
Take all of your seats out, your center console and your backseat. All of the plastic around the edges also has to be removed. (thresholds and the plastic parts over the seat belts). There are little plastic sleeves that hold onto the carpet, make sure these stay attached, if they dont its ok becase they are just stapled on and can be easily reattached.

I think thats it! Make SURE you let it dry really well, if you dont, it will mildew sitting in your car, and wel.....then your buying new carpet. The carpet isnt that thick, but the padding on the back is in some places, and you may be pulling up the padding with it on the floorboards of the pasenger and drivers side.

Its not that hard, just time consuming. Its not glued down either except in the 2 front areas.

Nate.

hondaaccord_86
05-30-2002, 12:24 PM
hey Chrome_thangs,
there was another post that took out their carpet and got it new. here is the site where they sell the floor carpet for our rides. i think its a good price.

www.1aauto.com

happy hunting.

-ed

smufguy
06-01-2002, 08:13 PM
the hardest pat of taking the carpet is the part under the fuel door and trunk lid opener lever below the passenger door. U need to pull back the carpet on the driver side door and use a 10mm wrench to losen the two bolts that hold it down. and then it would come off. I am in a process of taking them out. and i hope it works for you ( i have not done that yet) i am in a puzzled mood of what to do with my seats (rear) and how to take em out. if anyone knows how to, punch it in. Thanks guys. :)