PDA

View Full Version : How many things are broken with your accord?

Tref_LXI
03-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Yeah i just wanted to see how many things are broken with your cars. Mine has been sitting around for 3 months with a broken motor, now it has a new a20a3 with 86k on it. Anyway these are my problems:
Paint is faded big time in some areas.
I have a baseball dent on the top of my car.(about to be fixed)
Two broken door skins
Broken Motor for drivers side window
Broken Master control panel
Tape deck and no speakers anymore
Broken antenne
Bent passenger door handle
Some small holes in the roof interior
Smashed one of my air vents in anger one day
No windshield wipers atm
Very, Very dirty from sitting around.

My friend is getting his uncle to give my car a really good paint job for cheap, and im cleaning everything inside of my car. taking out my seats and getting out all the old food and shit. THen i can start working again and fix everything. Whats wrong with your accord?

A20A1
03-25-2003, 02:06 AM
hmmy I have no interior.. the paint is Rustoleum spray can paint.

I have no A/C
power windows in the rear that are un powered
swapped in some manual window doors in the front
No powersteering.. no cruise control
1 speaker... 1 head unit.
some brand new carpet I still have to cut and fit
tar and oil stained seats
some nachoes I spilt after racing someone right after I got food from taco bell
Umm... leaky exhaust... a little rust... but I'll take it out!!!!! arrrrgh!.

and umm a gigantic hole in the hood covered with an aluminum hood scoop. :D

oh torn CV boots...

uhh lop sided rear bumper..

non-working front turn signals

uhh...

no guage cluster.

I'm sure I have more.... :lol

thegreatdane
03-25-2003, 02:41 AM
Busted door contacts in the rear, leaking trunk, two other leaks I haven't located yet, headgasket is fucked, slow antenna and that's about it, except from the rust... But it will be fixed and hopefully along with a new paintjob :)

shepherd79
03-25-2003, 03:20 AM
lets see......... hood with dent, my driver side headlight is not align with a hood, major rust on the back fenders, NO AC or Cruise control, my carped has stains, my front bumper has hole in it. there is more, but i can't think of anything right now

bobafett
03-25-2003, 06:15 AM
pitch stained paint. dent in fender, knicks in door, burns oil now, windows barely roll up/down, car fast idles for 15 minutes at 2000rpm, the worst bumper filler rust i have ever seen on a 3g, no muffler, EGR valve exhaust leak. broken thermostat, ac is broken, cruise is broken, sidemarkers dont light up. oh i am sure there is a lot more, but i cant think of any

jigga89SEi
03-25-2003, 06:24 AM
In NEED of a paint job
- Faded Hood
- 2 very small dents in pass. front panel and in pass. door
Severely bad clutch (but it's my only transportation for now so I think she's [the car] getting mad
Interior is in the process of being redone
The middle vents in the dash above the instrument panel is messed up
Under the hood is very dirty
No A/C, Cruise works though
I thinks thats all for now

djimass
03-25-2003, 07:16 AM
- Cracked Windshield
- No cruise
- Rust on the right rear quarter panel
- Cracked right taillaight

MrBen
03-25-2003, 11:21 AM
-Leaking sunroof
-Leaking trunk (trunk is dented- about to be fixed)
-Intermittent carb problems
-Brakes are fucked (about to be fixed)
-Bottom of back passenger door is pushed in due to the moron before me (not that noticeable)

Vanilla Sky
03-25-2003, 11:32 AM
i got you all beat... EVERYTHING is wrong with mine:-p

88' Accord Ltd
03-25-2003, 12:39 PM
My turn signal combo switch is busted in 2
Cruise dosen't work
Driver window rolls up crooked but down fine (I already tried adjusting it)
Driver side door contact is broken
Bent power antenna
Other than those shes mint! :)

shepherd79
03-25-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Vanilla Sky
i got you all beat... EVERYTHING is wrong with mine:-p
:lol no shit man :lol

!(>..<)!85AeroAccord
03-25-2003, 01:59 PM
Tranny about to blow, rear wiper motor burnt out, paint laquer in real bad shape on bonnet/roof, front bumper cracked in several places, some asshole took out my front left headlight/corner light(just after replacing it!!!) bumper indicator whilst parked up :pissed:, tranny about to blow (any day now) stock radio doin' some REALLY WIERD stuff, some twat knicked (stole) petrol cap (but no petrol :WTF:??) keyed (scratched) full length across bootlid and stole 3 hubcaps (why 3? not my squeeze it's her car), minor rust in couple places, interior roof vinyl hanging down, no cruise (not included :)),water pump looking dodgy too. Engine's still sweet though (if and when the tranny gets around to changing up that is!)

what the hell r we doin'?? :D

AccordEpicenter
03-25-2003, 02:38 PM
umm the only thing thats wrong with my car is I need lower ball joints.. thats it she runs sweet

Jareds 89 LX-i
03-25-2003, 03:08 PM
There's not really much wrong with mine, except: 1) the sunroof leaks during heavy rain (rear drains are plugged solid, lol), 2) the antenna is broken (carwash), and 3) CV joints are starting to click (they're remans with 134k on them though, not too bad). That's about it! I'm not even going to mention then cosmetic stuff like rust and dents, since that happens to just about any older car regardless, plus mine was in a wreck, lol. But she runs like new, a/c blows ice cold, suspension is tight, doesn't burn or leak a drop of anything (even the original p/s hose doesn't leak one bit), brakes are good, tranny/clutch is good. For 314k miles I ain't complaining one damn bit!!

chance
03-25-2003, 03:57 PM
I think the question for me is how many things were wrong with my car...nothing major now, just needs an antenna, possibly an altenator, an oil gasket, and some black trim spray paint. Replaced the tranny a while back and radio (c.d. player kept getting stuck)

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Things broken/worn on my car:
1.) Missing a chrome molding piece from the front grille.
2.) The black molding on the front bumper is slightly faded from Texas sun.
3.) Peeling molding around the back window.
4.) Dunno if this qualifies as a broken/worn thing but my rear lights have some crap in them which sadly can't be washed out. :D

Otherwise the car is mint. :tongue:

Pics can be found at My Site (http://www.geocities.com/russianflyer2002/)

3axap.

dXsquared
03-25-2003, 05:29 PM
oh shit... hold on to your hats boyz

CV shafts are both loud clicking

the whole front end is loose and needs around 600 dollars of repair

rust everywhere... rear fenderlips, on roof by the door tops and by windshield, holes in front fenderwells, rust around gas cap, huge dent in hatch

paint is fucked

needs new carpet, front seats, back seats

shifter bushings are rotted beyond belief!

400 000 KM's!!!

the upsides... new carpet coming in summer, body work in summer with new paint, new front seats and removing rear seats, car runs like a dream, nice wheels, tires, carb, exhaust, and the rear brakes are almost brand new

i need around 2500 bucks to make the car into good-great quality

Travis

AvgWhtMale
03-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Antenna motor is broken
Neutral safety switch acts funny when cold
I think my torque converter is showing signs of age
Low on freon

That's it!

danronian
03-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Well mechanically nothing is wrong really. Only: the heater lights dont work, all windows are slow, front and rear sway bar bushings and front end links are worn, tires are very hard and nearly bald, weak electric system (mere 200watt amp) dims the lights real bad, oil leak under the engine behind oil pan and in need of a oil plug gasket that i cant seem to remember to buy, paint is sun baked off of roof and cracked on hood, also needs much rust repair around rear wheelwells. Not much for a 89 with 140K mi on it that lived it's whole life in northeast PA.

dosh8er
03-25-2003, 10:22 PM
ah.. hell... why not bitch for a bit? :)

replaced cb joints -- didn't need it..
come to find out that it's my wheel bearings .. damn.. good thing i've got a press in my shed.. but much more work.. much more time than i have right now...

Lower ball joints are really starting to be questioned... i know i have a torn boot or so...

slow coolant leak on hose to EACV .. need new hose...

engine knocks worse since winter.. needs to be re-adjusted... PROPERLY.

leaky oil pan gasket.. what a pain.

manual trans is OK... not good.. not bad.. OK.
need an alignment..
rust has just popped up like spring rabbits...

wierd barometric sensor problem.. it acted up just tonight.. don't know WTF is up with that..

no AC... never had it.. windows work fine anyway

cruise is slowly on its way out? i think possibly a vacuum leak.

cracked/broken drivers side spring (around shock)

no radio.. ah.. who needs one of those anyway? that hole sure makes a good spot for many things!

however.. COMPLETELY (except cat) new exhaust... under 10k mi on tires, new timing belt, new water pump, new cv joints.. ugh.. new lower arm bushing on passengers side .. i can feel pent up anger over that slowly releasing... stupid suspension. clutch is good, i *think*. I think it needs to be adjusted slightly.. newer brakes... had a disc crack on me.. in several spots.. new discs all the way around... pads.. all the way around..

But right now, I choose to NOT think about my problems, since they only get worse and worse as I mull over them. It runs, I get down the road legally, safely, and cleanly I couldn't ask for too much more.

MrBen
03-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
oh shit... hold on to your hats boyz

CV shafts are both loud clicking

the whole front end is loose and needs around 600 dollars of repair

rust everywhere... rear fenderlips, on roof by the door tops and by windshield, holes in front fenderwells, rust around gas cap, huge dent in hatch

paint is fucked

needs new carpet, front seats, back seats

shifter bushings are rotted beyond belief!

400 000 KM's!!!

the upsides... new carpet coming in summer, body work in summer with new paint, new front seats and removing rear seats, car runs like a dream, nice wheels, tires, carb, exhaust, and the rear brakes are almost brand new

i need around 2500 bucks to make the car into good-great quality

Travis

Buy a different 3g! That's horrible...

Tref_LXI
03-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Well i made a list of everything that was broken and how much each part would cost to fix. My total after adding in a new stereo system 600 dollars, new paint job 600ish, High flow catalytic converter 250ish, dynomax turbo muffler 250ish, and fixing EVERYTHINg inside of the car to all working status is 2840. Not a whole lot of money, will take about 2 and a half months to do it all working for 7.50 an hour :( sigh. Now it wont cost that much im almost sure, because i added in the shipping costs for the parts also and some of them are way above what im sure i can get them for.

Nospeed
03-26-2003, 12:10 AM
ha! i have you all beat now! i have no car!

sleeper98gsr
03-26-2003, 12:44 AM
hmmm...

-exhaust leak somewhere
-bent flexpipe
-no cat
-no cruise
-no a/c
-no power :D

2old_honda
03-26-2003, 12:44 AM
well lets see-

bad clutch
bad throwout bearing
water pump is leaking
bad rear main seal
timing belt needs to be changed
and I just now broke off my PVC valve

I also have the following parts that just need to be installed-

custom intake manifold
twin 40 DCOE's
ACT clutch
timing belt
water pump
front and rear main seals
short shifter
integra transmission swap
header
and a new shift boot.

note- I have all of these parts, but because I am so lazy they are not on my car.

IMWezel
03-26-2003, 04:16 AM
- My windshield has a little puthole, some minor scratches (new one: €200,- incl. sunband)

-I got 2 leaks, one somewhere arround the windshield, cause the window isn't seald propperly, and one in the back (maybe the right light-unit)

-CD-player doens't work at random, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't

-Bodykit needs some fixin' and a paintjob

-Last saturday I finaly received a new gas-strut (left-one)for the trunk lid, OUT with the Broomstick :), finaly. (€90,-)

And I ready fixed/replaced the right sidemarker, the leather shiftstick cover and shiftstick knob, handbrake (cause the silver button wasn't that silver anymore :P) and the foglight switch.

Yesterday, after drivin' home from football practice, I noticed something was wrong with the tail-light, the red-light went up on my dash. When I droped a team mate of I checked the tail-lights, thinking one of the brakelights was broken, cause that also happened a few weeks ago.
Nothing was working. Luckily it was just the ground cable that came loos.

buzzbomber88lx
03-26-2003, 07:26 PM
do you really want to know??? ok
here they are....
pcv box removed.
no intake manifold
no carburetor
no door panels
no door trim
steering wheel is taken off
no combo switch
bumper cover(frnt) is taken off
no radiator
electric fans are taken off
blinkers are off(one sold)
head was taken off
engine was removed
oil pan is taken off
ac condensor was broken in the process of getting it out
ac was completly removed
charcoal cansiter is off
power steering is no longer there
frnt seats were put in the b2000
rear seats are sold
console is out
front wheels are off and car is on jackstands
brake rotors are off
calipers are off
taillights are off(all of them)
both headlight assemblies are taken off
headlight switch on dash is off
stereo is gone
all trim on interior is sold
uh....want to know more?? i'm too tired to list the rest!
-Ryan

smufguy
03-26-2003, 08:02 PM
here is what is wrong with mine.

-The hood is busted when it flipped up in a wind
-All four shocks are pulled out and the car is up on jacks.
-no intake on the car
-The front is fucked so there is no bumper
-There is no carpet
-no seats besides the driver seat
-no speakers
-headunit with no faceplate
steering wheel is put in the wrong way so when ur going straight, ur wheel is at an angle
-the exhaust is bent at the rear axle
-the downpipe is held on by only one rounded rusted bolt
-got two exhaust manifold studs busted
- busted drvier side tails
-non working headlights, flashers
-halfway stuck wipers
-cracked windshield from the hood flip up
- broken wiring harness on the right fender
-no hubcaps on any tire
-door seals are pretty bad

well thats all for now, but consider it all gone when the summer comes around. :)

MIK3
03-27-2003, 12:02 AM
Lemme think here...heh...wow. I feel sorry for you guys...heh.

-Small whole in floor mat soon to be replaced anyway
-$70 dent in right front wheel well
-Cracked stock 88 DX hubbie

and thats the end of my long list...

oh yeah..can't forget that damn dirt underside of the hood...I'll get it off yet, and it better stay away from my engine.

89AccordLXI666
03-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Problems with my 3gee....

Valve Cover Gasket leak, (Needs 2 Be Replaced)

My car smells like burning oil (Due to bad valve cover gasket)

Small leak in exhaust near the cat converter

clear coat on paint is chipping in some area's

5th gear is gone on my 5speed tranny but still runs great

needs a little touch up paint in various area's of the car

needs new glove compartment, but replacing my interior with black and tan interior from my 89 LX-i to my 86 LX

My Hood latch is fucked up, can't line it up correctly

My hood is not really lined up perfectly on the drivers side but passenger side is lined up perfectly..

My lights dim at night when I blair up my system, cuz my 1,200watt amp is taking power..

My power windows except for the drivers sider is going slow

need to get an inspection sticker soon, since I haven't gotten one yet, but will friday, if I don't get pulled over for it (potential problem)

The condencer is a little bent not too bad but a little

I believe thats it...

od2681
03-27-2003, 09:47 AM
ok...let me see..
need new shocks...
dent on the door, not noticible, kinda small dent...
crap loads of scratches on the doors...some bastards dont like my car(probably a disgruntled racee)
rear bumper has a crack in it cuzz someone hit my car in a parkin lot
pgm fi light turns on for some reason(people on this board said look at the lights underneath the seat but couldnt find that window)
seat is torn from the corner...
front speakers are screwed up
AC dont work..
i think thats about it...........hmmm................
.............................YOU BASTARD, you made me realize how much stuff is wrong with my car

diego_89accordlx
03-27-2003, 05:38 PM
just replaced my clutch! it's great now. :D

ne way, my cv joints click alot, the passenger door panel has a rip in it, it's got some rust, and my 5th gear makes that whistling sound. other than that it's in great shape.

she's my baby. lol

Gregs89AccordLxi
03-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Damn my problems aint crap compared to some of you but heres mine...
Passenger side cv joint (started clicking)
passenger bumper blinker (broke in accident)
cracked bumper (passenger side)
leaky fuel injector
antenna dont work
other than that she drives like a new car and still looks good

JasonSeI
03-28-2003, 11:51 AM
messed up front bumper, (other owner) antain not even the stock one, they just threw in one that works, and it does... faeded paint, rust in both rear 1/4's but was fixed by a friend now they are off in color, they area darker black, than the stock color, cruise works whenit wants to, leather interior is hard, and not to soft, stupid swithc that hold the auto shifter in place when your foot isn't onthe break it going out, (boy do I look like a dumbass, to to turn off my car, and it won't fixed the problem, got a spair key to go in that slot on the shifter) New deck, and radio, kept the bose in there for now, windows are slow, car has a funny smell. it has 206345 on it, runs lkike new tho, all tires are good, head light eyeborow thing is messed up from other owner. car doesn't leak or use anything. Gr8 car tho!!

Morpheus
03-28-2003, 04:05 PM
hmmm where to start? I got 188880.8 miles on it and my prblems are:
1. E-Brake jams
2. Misters don't work, really expensive to have fixed because it involves removing a body panel.
3. Headlights are poorly aimed and left retractor is non-functional
4. Rust on rear wheel wells and on passenger/front quarter panel (grinds). Lots of other minor but annoying flaws. I'd like paint.
5. Badly torn drivers seat, lots of foam lost.
6. No a/c
7. Front skidplate hangs down.
8. 2 of 5 brake and one reverse light is out. That entire light unit is hanging out of the inside of my trunk.
9. Seat recline handles are worn on the inside and fall off.
10. Brakes are getting crappy.
11. Engine hasn't had tune-up at Honda for as long as I can remember.
12. Maintentance-wise it's overall neglected cause I don't drive yet, and my aunt uses it, hates it, and is really cheap.
13. Windows are scratched.
14. Used to have to bang radio to get it to work, but it's been well behaved for a couple months now. (fixed itself?)
14. WORST OF ALL, THE FRONT "H" HONDA SYMBOL FELL OFF!!!!

Oh yah and it needs an H22a :D

Blue Impact
03-28-2003, 04:51 PM
It's best not to think about it as long as it doesn't have any major effect on the car. There's a lot of things wrong with my car, but it's cool since I know my car's still reliable.

Tref_LXI
03-29-2003, 07:40 AM
good outlook on things blue

njpeter
03-29-2003, 11:25 AM
I have a problem that NOBODY has ever been able to solve

$$^^%^%^ gas tank

I have to put like 10 gallons of this crap they call "petrol" in it every few days to get that yellow light on my dashboard to go off ( it's right next to the one with the little genie bottle next to it..that one turns red if I'm nut rubbing that pedal on the floor)..must be a really common problem..these "filling stations" are EVERYWHERE!, at least that "gas" stuff isn't as expensive as that high performance fule..it's called 'diesel"..that sells for like 30 cents a gallon more..and they just refuse to put it in my car. I got them beat however..I bought a plastic can at the hardware store..so I'm going to just pull in and say fill this with "diesel for my other car that one has a leak also"

Support our troops
Don't Forget Mr. Todd Beamer
sorry about the Iraqi innocents (there are a few)
death to our enemies

Coitis1
03-30-2003, 07:17 AM
lets see...
faded paint
starts funny (ect?)
shakes like crazy (engine mounts?)
crappy system
leaky A/C (lasts about 1 - 2 months)
cracked windshield
wore tires
bright lights currently not working
horrible, i mean horrible gas mileage
passenger window is slow
and to top it all of, the car was in a wreck that the previous owner never mentioned. so now one of the headlights has a large gap around it when down, and who knows what other problems it will cause.

Coitis1
03-30-2003, 07:19 AM
wait, deisel fuel? i've never heard of that working in an unleaded fuel car. are u sure about what ur doing?

ALTERED4
03-30-2003, 01:15 PM
it almost seems like when i fix one thing on that accord, two other things break...

recently, ive fixed/replaced: a new radiator, t-stat, various coolant switches, bumper brackets, valve cover gasket, distributor o-ring, passenger door window regulator/crank, fuel injectors, and new battery...

things still broken and need to be fixed/replaced: starter, main relay, leaky oil pan gasket, leaky oil pan drain bolt, slipping tranny, right headlight doesnt work (wires torn), leaky sunroof, drivers side window regulator, broken drivers side door handle, broken rear small window (fu*king thieves), broken dash and missing radio (damn thieves), huge hole in the muffler... more stuff to list, but im sure most of you arent even reading this far down lists...

people ask me all the time why do i keep the beater (having three other nice cars)... the car accord is extremely cheap to operate. car is paid for, insurance is dirt cheap, and gets around 35 miles to the gallon...i commute 70 miles a day, so my accord is the perfect beater...

rehv_Aerodeck86
04-01-2003, 12:30 PM
after a week or so, if i got my accord, i noticed the wheel to be a bit loose, i knew that in it, there must be nut...then problem was : how the fck am I supposed to access it? well...off the plasic cover (with the "H" attached to it) came by force. after successfully breaking my steering wheel, I noticed, that one should first remove the "H" , and then do whatever he wants to the nut. LOL :lol

BDaccordguy
04-01-2003, 08:46 PM
nice wrinkle and scrapes on the drivers side where somebody forgot how to park, no cruise, no AC, broken door lock, missing door lock trim, broken door handle trim, torn shift boot, no door sensors, broken passenger side keyhole, cracked windshield, drivers door arm rest about to fall off.

BDaccordguy
04-01-2003, 08:50 PM
oh yeah, and it need a cv joint and carb too, as well as a missing wheel stud and mis matched struts.

I have just replaced: battery, alternator, wheel bearing, ball joint, wheel studs (stupid repair place missed one), oil pan, speedometer cable, vacuum hose, and many other little things i have taken off my parts car

3rdGenMartyr
04-04-2003, 12:07 AM
ummmm...... cancer on both rear quarters at the well

exhaust from the mani to the cat, then 8" off the cat and then a glass pack untill bonus check

battery acid stain on right hideaway(not that bad)

original drivers floor mat has big hole

leaky trunk, with broken and waterlogged masonite cover for spare

rack and pinion is going out really bad

and generally anything that's wrong with an automobile that has 289, xxx on the motor and tranny

not to mention the shit i get from my wife for ptting money into performance instead of getting a new steering system

hmmmmmmmm........ i need a new 3G, wanna sell yers

AccordEpicenter
04-04-2003, 04:45 AM
damn you guys got major probs. I just gotta finish my front bumper (fiberglassing, looks like shit now but just wait... itll look like a kit of some kind)

Downlow89LX
04-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Here goes:
-vaccuum leak somewhere in the carb
-warped head
-humongus rust spot next to gas tank
-massive exhaust leak(just got replaced 3 weeks ago)
-broken passenger door handle(still opens though:)
-right taillight and upper tail don't work
-water in passenger headlight(lots)
-power antenna doesn't work
-broken hood pop (have to pull on the wire to open)
-

gr3k0sLaV
04-08-2003, 03:35 AM
Well so far only the electric antenna doesn't work, and that's it.

Front right strut is a little sus,

and yes the rear suspension is gone, hard night of sex with Nates mom on there, damn bitch made 'da car bounce so much. I smacksed her akross 'da face, she shuts her mouth, so i'm going to keep fucksing her, and make her pay me, to rapairs the damages.

Haolerot
04-10-2003, 10:08 AM
My drivers side window wont roll down...head gastket, dents all ova da car, need to weld on muffler, AC...automatic trans...D4 no work...yups thats about it....