PDA

View Full Version : which mods would stay useful even after an engine swap?

bobafett
05-30-2002, 01:09 AM
i am wondering if stuff like CAI and short shifter kit will still work if i throw in a b16... also, what other mods should i work on that will help, without investing a lot into an engine i may not keep?

MoonScryer
05-30-2002, 04:22 AM
I think the two you listed would be about it, actually. This does not count suspension work, of course.

PhydeauX
05-30-2002, 08:11 AM
Add exhaust to the list and you pretty much have it. Ignition boxes and coils can stay if they are compadable with the new motor thats coming in. Anything that is in/attached to the motor, headers, cams, ect, gets swaped out with it.

andy

bobafett
05-30-2002, 01:26 PM
well i guess my plans are gonna be pretty simple then:

get CAI made
get exhaust done
get suspension and wheels done
....save money for a long time
get an engine swap done... :)

does anyone know if the ignition boxes/coils for our engine will work in the b16/b18/h22?

ALSO, would a short shifter kit still work? i am thinking about putting in one of those, but i wont bother if i have to buy another one.. :)

OldSchoolSwap
06-01-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by bobafett
ALSO, would a short shifter kit still work? i am thinking about putting in one of those, but i wont bother if i have to buy another one.. :)
The shifter will remain the same.... get the shifter, you won't need to swap it after your engine swap.

You can use the following with your new engine as well:

-External Fuel pump
-External Fuel Regulator (if any)
-External Coil
-MSD
-Intake (if EFI)
-N2O
-Radiator
-AC compressor
-Power Steering
-and much more

Not to mention all internal and external mods including suspention would remain untouched!

bobafett
06-02-2002, 08:25 PM
thank you for that info!!!

got any places to get a shifter kit? i can only find it for $90+