PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had this problem

87accord
03-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Ok shit not sure what its called but the lever that turns on ur headlights and let u signel which way u are going has broke off! Now some times i can stick it back in and i can use my lights and blinkers. BUt the other day i put in back in and it does not work! Does anyone have any idea how much this will cost to fix?
thx
-matt

88' Accord Ltd
03-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Its inexpensive to fix if you get the combo switch from the junkyard, but if you get it from the dealer I've heard it can be pretty expensive. I had a broken combo switch there when i bought my EX-i, i replaced it with one from an 87 and to my surprise it was at a different angle than the 88-89! and i couldnt turn left because of it. Its really easy to replace. I think its something like 6 screws on the bottom of the steering column to get the covers off. Then after you take the steering wheel off, its I think another 4 holding this ring thingy in (I duno what its called). After the 4 screws are out there are 2 more securing the combo switch in place so it dosen't pop out of place towards you. On the end of the combo switch going into the steering column there is a spring, in the end of a spring there is a bearing, don't lose it! lol! put it together the same way it came apart! Any other questions feel free to ask, I took apart the steering column a bunch of times.

87accord
03-25-2003, 07:27 PM
SO all i would need is a new switch and not the whole assembly ?
Is this sometihng i could steal from u wreanch it?
Cause right now i cant drive at night!

88' Accord Ltd
03-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure all you will need is the switch. It has a big plastic piece on the end. I jacked mine from the junkyard even thought it was only like 10 bucks. You broke the just the stick part off am I right?

87accord
03-25-2003, 07:42 PM
YEs the stick part broke but if i would put it back in right it would work but now it wont turn the headlights on!
Hey thx for ur help i am off to uwrench it tommorw!
:))

88' Accord Ltd
03-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Yeah my switch was just cracked so when i would go to turn, it would be so loose that the plasic on the outside would actually spin and turn the lights on or off. Its about a 30 minute job, no problem for the help too.

Blue Impact
03-25-2003, 10:29 PM
You just need a new switch. I got mine from a junkyard for under $20. If you wanna steal it, good luck with that. I would just pay $20 for it than maybe spend some time in jail with a hefty fine.

MrBen
03-25-2003, 11:36 PM
The combo switch NEW and INSTALLED by Honda is over 350 dollars. $20.00 is a steal...

AccordEpicenter
03-26-2003, 12:53 PM
yeah they are not cheap, good thing junkyards carry them

87accord
03-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Hell yea i went to the junkyard and got one for free:super:
TOok about 20 min to install! now my lights work :pimp: