PDA

View Full Version : Guess Wut I Got For $25!!!

HondaBoy
03-25-2003, 08:31 PM
well my accord is still wrecked, but hopefully before summer i will get it repaired. my wrecked accord isnt gonna stop me from doing stuff to it!!! ok well the big deal was i got new seats. i got a damn steal. i went to the junkyard a few days ago and saw their new arival. it is an '89 prelude 2.0Si. it has that 4 wheels steering, aka. 4WS. im not gonna touch that. what i did look at was its perfect interior. it wasnt the cleanest, but it wasnt dirty compared to what most of us call dirty. well neway, i looked at the seats. i cant use the back one, but the 2 front i mosdef could. i asked the junkyard owner what he wanted for them. he said $25. so 2day when i went, i asked again. he unmistakely said $25. so i just couldnt pass this chance up! i took my tools and spent about 30 mins. takeing them out. i went and looked around too. when i brought them home, i knew i had made a great deal. i ofcourse couldnt wait to put them in so i did that. i did take rather long(2 1/2 hours) but i had my friend talking to me most of the time. all i did was take the slide rails off the bottoms of my seats and off the new ones and switched them. they were a perfect fit. i was very surprised by this. but i guess i shouldnt be. these new seats are blue and have great back support. i am soo happy i got em. i am either going to have them redone in red, or just recolor them in black. all the same, they look great. if im not mistaken im the 2nd, 3rd or 4th person to do this here? well i will post some pix later on.

Blue Impact
03-25-2003, 10:40 PM
Man, $25 is a STEAL. Good find, ya lucky bastard!

HondaBoy
03-26-2003, 04:59 PM
hell yeah man! im lovin these seats. when i get my car fixed, im shur i will get axed what kind they are. i cant wait to get my 3gee back on the road. theres just sumthin about that car thats different from any of my other cars. it just feels more solid for some reason.am i the 2nd person to put Prelude seats in a 3gee? i know one of our members with a red/maroon 3gee has em in his. he has the Prelude steering wheel, and CRX front and rear bumper lips. i also have a Prelude steering wheel that i had put on back before i was a member.

jigga225
03-26-2003, 06:31 PM
good deal on the seats man...
whats up wit that 4WS? I never heard of 4 wheel steering on a honda, or any other type of car...

89AccordLXI666
03-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Yo Jigga225... the Honda Preludes depending what year has that feature.... it came like that... which means you have stearing on all for tires, like when u turn the wheel on the front... the back too turns as well at the same time.... it is so good when taking sharp turns, 4 real man... damn I would love to see someone try this type of project out to put the 4 wheel stearing on a 3gee ya heard? :-) Or has someone already done this b4?

Chubs87Accord
03-28-2003, 01:16 PM
anyone have pics of em? i dont remember what they look like

dXsquared
03-28-2003, 01:22 PM
i have lude seats, lude control arms, lude tranny, lude steering wheel, lude shifter and a lude A20 in the back yard

Travis

blazin3gen
03-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
i have lude seats, lude control arms, lude tranny, lude steering wheel, lude shifter and a lude A20 in the back yard

Travis

so where's the Lude :stick:

dXsquared
03-28-2003, 02:01 PM
lol.. its in the junk yard... the left fender was rotted right off the mounting brackets, and so was the door! so i just got everything i could...

Travis

rehv_Aerodeck86
04-01-2003, 12:08 PM
i got the WHOLE interior of a -88 accord Aerodeck from junkyard....including the carpet and dash; color:black, good as new....for 70$ :flash:
so very usuful stuff can be found from there if u keep ur eyes open

HondaBoy
04-02-2003, 09:48 PM
yep. thats wut i tell everyone. they say im ghetto for shopping at the junkyard, but hmm. they are the ones that spend lots of money getting expensive new parts from dealership. i save money and get cool stuff. so im not going to say im ghetto. ive gotten most of my stuff from the junkyard for dirt cheap. i found my hard to find SE-I armrest for $10. im gonna recover it in red instead of the cracked leather on it.