PDA

View Full Version : Quick Shifter

Paul Aerodeck86
05-30-2002, 03:13 AM
I want to buy quick shifter... Who make it for us? Pacesetter? Does anybody have it? How it fit? How hard installation? Where i can buy it for cheapest price? And does quick shifter worth it?

shepherd79
05-30-2002, 04:42 AM
here it is, http://www.fastfours.com/check_out.asp?ProductID=318108
i am gonna get one as soon as i putt a bigger amp in my car.

Paul Aerodeck86
05-30-2002, 01:10 PM
hey... who is already have it? does it make some good effect or not?

Sabz5150
05-30-2002, 03:25 PM
I've got one installed, and I am rather impressed with it. Makes shifting a lot quicker and of course, shorter.

If you pick up a Quick shifter, I recommend also buying urethane shifter bushings. Pacesetter makes them. They tighten up shifting significantly, and give your shifter a nice precise feel.

Installation... that's the pain. You'll have to remove your exhaust and heat shields to install it. Your exhaust can be reinstalled afterwards. * It'll take one to two hours to install. Also, the shifter ball is adjustable, so you can shorten it to your liking. Just be careful that you don't shorten it so far that it hits your exhaust or heat shields.

I'd pay to hear is you calling Pacesetter and having them say, with a confused voice: "Aero-what?" :lol

*(I put that in there for translation purposes. Don't want you to translate this and think you won't be able to have an exhaust after you install the shifter.)

-5150 :bandit:

Hoshizakido
05-30-2002, 11:01 PM
haha i love this shifter installed it last week its worth it only little over half an hour to install(only if you know what your doing). it can shorten your shifts dramatically i shortened mine bout 50+%.

Paul Aerodeck86
05-31-2002, 07:28 AM
Thanks, to all i ordered it too =)
Special thanks for Sabz5150 for information.

smufguy
05-31-2002, 10:32 AM
the good thing about the pacesetter shifter is that its adjustable too. man... i wanna get one soon. stock shifter days are over.

SteveDX89
06-04-2002, 06:33 AM
I was talking to a guy at Pep Boys and he has a 3g also. He said something about cutting the shift rod in half then installing a camber kit between the cut ends. Then he said you can adjust it far apart and that makes it even shorter. Any thoughts on that?

smufguy
06-04-2002, 07:52 AM
3 things on my mind

1. is it easy to do?
2. HOw much is the camber kit and its availability?
3. WOuld it be trouble free?

if all these comes close to the pacesetter short shifter, hell i would go for it, if not, nah.

SteveDX89
06-05-2002, 04:47 PM
Didn't get that far into depth about it. I had to go to work. I'll probably see him again sometime. I'll definitely ask him.

CARBurn
06-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Okay, just got my pacesetter quik shift and polyurethane bushings, went to look in the boxes to see if everything came with it, and I noticed something or somethings is/are missing.
First of all the intructions they sent is on one sheet of paper but it reads page 2 or 2, I don't have a first page. And on the other side of the page it also reads page 2 or 2, where's page 1 of 2? I looked and looked, can't find it. Does anybody have it? Do I need the first page or is this just a simple install?

Secondly, I was reviewing the list of items that came with the shifter on their sheet and I accounted for everything except the 2 Control lever bearings. Looked in the bag of goodies and in the box, and I don't see them, am I missing something here?

Any help would be appreciated.