PDA

View Full Version : sub setup..(s)?

wikkedv15
03-26-2003, 07:51 PM
ok well for some reason i have this thing that.. i really dont like how a square box looks in a hatch car.. lol.. i dunno what it is for me .. it just looks out of place... on a car that has a hatch trunk
lol im wierd i know..:rolleyes:
anyhow..
any of the hatchie owners. or other 3g owners.. have any different setups besides a common square box..?
seeing as how the space in the trunk is pretty big then gets small bcuz of the struts then gets a lil big again.. i wanted to utilize the space in the corners.. closest to the tailights..
any help:confused:

86hatchbackLXi
03-27-2003, 07:56 PM
get a wedge box that is made for hatches. at one point i had a box with 2 12s that fit in between the strut towers and it left me about half the space. you could always buy some mdf and make your own box in whatever shape you want, its not that hard, just make sure its sealed tight (or ported properly)

guaynabo89
03-28-2003, 05:47 AM
You sure you want to put all that weight towards the back of your car?

For me the best place would be right in between the struts. That would keep the weight more centered.

As far as not liking just a plain square box, Why not try putting some trim around a sqaure box to fit the contours in the hatch..

dXsquared
03-28-2003, 10:31 AM
my box fits between my strut towers and its contoured to fit the back of the seat.. its fits great and i still have room for a jack and some tools

Travis